(Last Updated On: January 4, 2024)
This simple to prepare and delicious Bisquick cheeseburger pie recipe is for the family who doesn’t have much time to spend cooking in the kitchen. You can make this easy cheeseburger pie in no time at all. To create this delicious dish, just brown the ground beef, then seamlessly blend in the other ingredients before placing the mixture into the oven for about 25 minutes.
🍴 Key Ingredients
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk (we used 1% low-fat milk, but you can use your favorite – skim milk, 2 %, or whole milk)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick ®
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
👩🍳 How to Make Easy Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Oven
Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind that not all ovens cook the same. For example, an older model oven may not cook as hot as a newer one. It is best to keep an eye on the contents of the oven during the allotted baking time given by any recipe.
Step 2. Add the Ground Beef and Onions to a Skillet
In a large skillet, either a 10-inch skillet or a 12-inch skillet will work just fine, add the lean ground beef and chopped onions. Turn the burner on medium-high heat.
Step 3. Cook the Ground Beef and Onions
Brown the ground beef and onions for about 10 minutes, all while chopping and turning it in the skillet. Turn the burner down to medium heat if medium-high is too hot. Keep browning the ground beef until there is no pink color showing in the meat.
Drain any excess grease from the ground beef mixture, then stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the ground beef and onions mixture. Set aside for now.
Tip: A simple technique to remove the grease from the ground beef is to move the meat and onion mixture to the right side of the pan, then slightly tilt the right side of the pan up, and the grease will run down the opposite side of the pan away from the ground beef.
While the frying pan is still tilted, use a paper towel or two to mop up the grease. Then discard the paper towels in the trash can. It is best to put grease in the trash can, not down the sink. Eventually, the grease will build up and clog your drain pipes, and that, my friend, is a big, huge nightmare.
Step 4. Prepare the Bisquick Mixture
In a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup of original Bisquick mix together with 1 cup of milk, and 2 eggs. We used 1% milk, but you can use whatever is your favorite drinking milk, whether it be whole milk, 2% milk, or fat free.
Step 5. Mix the Bisquick Mixture
Tip: Using a whisk is probably the best utensil to use, as it helps to get rid of any lumps and clumps in the Bisquick batter.
Step 6. Add the Cheese to the Bisquick Mixture
Add one cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese together with the Bisquick mixture. Mix well until all is blended thoroughly.
Step 7. Prepare the Pie Dish
Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. We used a glass pie dish, but you can use whatever you have handy in your kitchen.
Step 8. Fill the Pie Dish
Pour the ground beef mixture we set aside earlier in the prepared pie dish.
Step 9. Add the Bisquick Mixture
Pour the Bisquick cheese mixture on top of the ground beef mixture in the pie dish. Do not stir it.
Step 10. Bake for Twenty-Five Minutes
Put the prepared pie pan in the preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then bake for 25 minutes. The top of the pie will be a golden brown color when done, and a knife inserted into the center of the pie will come out clean.
🌟 Recipe Variations
- You can substitute ground turkey instead of lean ground beef for this recipe.
- Add any of your favorite seasoning to this recipe. For example, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, or garlic salt are some tasty choices.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes (but easy does it), or a dollop of sour cream on your serving.
- Experiment with different cheeses, such as Mexican cheese blend, provolone cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese.
Put any leftover Bisquick cheeseburger pie in an airtight container and then place it in the refrigerator. When ready to use, reheat the leftovers in the microwave or the oven. Place a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pie if reheating it in the oven.
Yes, you can freeze leftover Bisquick cheeseburger pie. Put the leftovers in a freezer safe container in the freezer for about three or four months. Thaw it in the refrigerator the night before when you are ready to finish eating it the next day.
💭 Final Thoughts
Incredibly simple yet undeniably delicious, this impossibly easy hamburger pie is a savory delight. It brings together the comforting flavors of a classic cheeseburger in a pie form. Its ease of preparation makes it a go-to recipe for busy weeknights or casual gatherings. With its golden pie crust, savory beef, melted cheese, and hints of your favorite burger toppings, every bite is a satisfying indulgence.
Whether served as a hearty family dinner or a crowd-pleasing addition to any mealtime, this recipe offers both convenience and a burst of flavors that are sure to please everyone at the table. Enjoy the convenience and taste of this simple recipe that’s bound to become a household favorite!
📄 Recipe Card
Easy Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the ground beef and onions for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat until no pink is showing. Turn heat off. Drain excess grease. Stir in the salt. Set aside for now.
- In a medium bowl, add the Bisquick, milk, and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the sharp cheddar cheese to the Bisquick mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray in the pie plate.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into the pie plate.
- Then pour the Bisquick mixture on top of the ground beef mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. The top of the pie should be golden brown. A knife inserted in the center of the pie should come out clean.
💟 More Easy Recipes You Will Love
Here are a few dinner recipes we hope you will enjoy.
- A delicious dinner we enjoy two or three times a month is chicken and noodle casserole with onions and red peppers. It’s an easy dinner recipe with simple ingredients we never get tired of. Served with hot buttered garlic bread and Caesar salad.
- Another one of our family favorite dinners is cheesy chicken and rice casserole. Served with cornbread.
- If you love hot and spicy tacos, we have the recipe right here for you. One of our favorite dinners that’s easy-peasy to make and so good! Potato wedges, French fries, or tater tots go great with these delicious tacos.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜