(Last Updated On: September 7, 2022)
Using frozen bananas and vanilla bean ice cream with cocoa powder, this banana chocolate milkshake recipe is just the thing you need to eat some fruit while enjoying a tasty treat!
🔑 Key Ingredients
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 6 cups of vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Sprinkles – Optional
- Whipped Cream – Optional
🥤 How to Make the Banana Chocolate Milkshake (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Measure the Cocoa
To begin with, measure 1/4 cup warm water and 4 tbsp cocoa powder and put it in the blender. You need warm water because it helps to dissolve the cocoa powder into it before blending it with the other ingredients.
Step 2. Blend the Cocoa
Secondly, cover the blender and blend on pulse until the cocoa powder is smooth.
Step 3. Add the milk
Third, measure 1/3 cup of milk, then pour it into the blender. After that, mix the cocoa mixture until it is thoroughly blended.
Step 4. Slice and Freeze the Bananas
Before adding the bananas to the cocoa mixture, slice them and freeze the sliced-up bananas about 30 minutes before starting. If you haven’t done that, you could cut them up and freeze them for up to 30 minutes right now. Consequently, freezing the bananas helps to keep the milkshake cold and will reduce the chance of it melting. However, if you don’t care about having the milkshake melt faster, you can skip the freezing part.
Step 5. Measure the Ice Cream
Measure six cups of ice cream and put it in the blender. In contrast to the Homemade Chocolate Milkshake, you cannot use the six-cup mark on the blender because the bananas and cocoa mixture will take up space, so if you try to measure the ice cream to the six-cup mark, it will be uneven.
Step 6. Blend the Banana Chocolate Milkshake
In the blender, blend the milkshake using the pulse button until it is smooth. You may need to push down any bananas that didn’t get blended with a spoon and pulse the milkshake again.
Step 7. Pour the Banana Chocolate Milkshake
Finally, distribute the milkshake into glasses. If you want, you can add whipped cream and sprinkles. Then, it’s ready to enjoy!
What Can You Add to the Banana Chocolate Milkshake?
Some garnishes you can use for this chocolate banana milkshake recipe are, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, hot fudge, and even wafer sticks! The sky’s the limit! Additionally, try substituting the vanilla bean ice cream and cocoa powder for chocolate ice cream if you want.
Can You Make a Banana Chocolate Milkshake with Cocoa Powder?
Indeed, yes, you can make a banana chocolate milkshake with cocoa powder. Evidently, we used vanilla bean ice cream with cocoa powder for this recipe.
💭 Final Thoughts
In sum, this is a delicious home recipe that will keep you hooked. After trying the banana chocolate milkshake, you will want to make this recipe over and over again and will be satisfied after every bite!
💝 Other Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Cakes and Breads
- Mississippi Mud Pie Recipe – In summary, this easy Mississippi Mud Pie is made with lots of flavorful creamy chocolate, a crispy graham cracker crust, and fluffy whipped cream in every delicious bite!
- Banana Bread Recipe with Chocolate Chips – This banana bread recipe has cream cheese and chocolate chips added to it. The cream cheese added to the recipe makes it extra moist and delicious. The chocolate chips added to this recipe make it an extra special treat.
Cookies and Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies – This triple chocolate brownies recipe is rich in fudgy flavor, and has three different types of chocolate in them, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips! If you are a chocolate lover, you are going to love this quick and easy-to-make brownie recipe!
- Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies – These colorful M&M cookies are soft, crispy, and chewy all at the same time! The cookies are filled with tons of mini chocolate chips and M&M’s and there is no need to chill the cookie dough before baking. Deliciousness in every bite.
Drinks, and Shakes
- Homemade Chocolate Milkshake – Do you like chocolate? Do you like whipped cream? If so, you will love this homemade chocolate milkshake recipe! This recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing, it will leave you wanting more and more!
- Hot Chocolate Recipe with Cocoa Powder and Condensed Milk – A sweet and creamy hot chocolate with sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa, and vanilla extract. It’s blended with hot water for a delicious treat topped with mini marshmallows and whipped cream.
Banana Chocolate Milkshake
- Measure the cocoa powder and warm water, then blend to dissolve.
- Add the milk, then blend.
- Slice the bananas before freezing them for 30 minutes, then put them in the blender.
- Measure and blend the ice cream with the bananas.
- Distribute the milkshake and enjoy with some whipped cream and sprinkles!
- You can put the cups in the freezer before serving so the milkshake will not melt as fast.
- You can substitute the vanilla bean ice cream and the cocoa powder for chocolate ice cream if you want to.