(Last Updated On: February 1, 2023)
This Oreo chocolate milkshake recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a hot summer day! With an Oreo in about every bite and lots of tasty chocolate ice cream, this Oreo shake recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers and Oreo cookie lovers alike! If you don’t like Oreo cookies or chocolate ice cream, this easy Oreo milkshake recipe might change your mind!
You can switch out the chocolate ice cream with vanilla ice cream and make an Oreo cookie and cream milkshake instead. Or leave out the Oreo cookies and make a chocolate ice cream shake to satisfy your sweet tooth. And don’t forget to top it off with some delicious whipped cream.
This is a super easy milkshake recipe with simple ingredients. If you keep on hand some chocolate or vanilla ice cream in the freezer and Oreo cookies in the pantry, you can make these delicious Oreo milkshakes anytime you want to.
🔑 Key Ingredients
- 1/2 cup 2% milk – 1% or whole milk is okay
- 20 Oreo Double Stuf (regular or double stuf)
- 6 cups of chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream – optional
- Rainbow sprinkles – optional
🥤 How to Make the Oreo Chocolate Milkshake (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Break the Oreos
The first step is to break the Oreos by hand. It will work best if you try to break them into fourths. Then, set these to the side for now.
Step 2. Measure the Ice Cream
Secondly, measure six cups of chocolate ice cream. You can do that by using a measuring cup or the six-cup line on the blender. Remember, the amount of ice cream doesn’t have to be perfect, but pretty close to it! 🙂
Step 3. Add the Milk
Next, add 1/2 cup of 2% milk, (or whatever type you prefer, such as full-fat milk, fat-free, or 1% milk), and pour it on top of the ice cream. After that, blend the ice cream and milk on pulse until smooth.
Note: The amount of milk plays a crucial part in this recipe. But, the best part about this recipe is you can adjust it. If you want a thick Oreo milkshake, just use less milk, and then for a thinner chocolate Oreo shake you can use more milk.
Step 4. Add the Oreos
Now, take the Oreos you broke earlier and add them to the milk and ice cream mix.
Step 5. Blend the Milkshake
Put the milkshake on speed one for about 30 seconds, then press pulse a few more times until the Oreos are the size you desire. You may need to push down some stubborn Oreos with a spoon, then blend some more.
Step 6. Divide the Oreo Chocolate Milkshake
Lastly, pour the milkshake into glasses and add whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles if you want. Enjoy!
Tip: We all know how fast a milkshake can melt at room temperature, so if at all possible, put the serving glasses or cups you are going to use in the freezer while you are making the milkshakes. This will get the inside of the glass super cold so your milkshake won’t melt as fast.
✨ Recipe Variations
- Make it a sweet treat and toss a few mini chocolate chips or dark chocolate flakes on top of your milkshake.
- To make this perfect milkshake even better, drizzle chocolate syrup or rich chocolate sauce over the top, and don’t forget the whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and sprinkles!
- Add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter to the Oreo shake recipe for an extra delicious treat.
- Instead of chocolate ice cream, try mint ice cream and Oreo mint cookies.
To make an Oreo Chocolate Milkshake without ice cream, blend 20 Oreos, and 1/2 cup of cold chocolate milk straight out of the fridge. Then put it in the freezer for a few minutes or so to thicken and get super cold.
Yes, you can use different types of chocolate sandwich cookies like double stuffed or regular, or even other brands like Hydrox or Oreos.
💭 Final Thoughts
With plenty of Oreos and lots of chocolate, this Oreo chocolate milkshake with its creamy texture will definitely turn your frown upside down! It’s a perfect summer treat that can also be enjoyed by the whole family throughout the year! So instead of going to Burger King or the ice cream shop, stay at home in your kitchen and create your own fabulous Oreo milkshakes whenever you want one!
💖 Other Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Double Chocolate Banana Bread with Cocoa Powder – Take your banana bread to a whole new level with this delicious chocolate banana bread with double the chocolate! You can enjoy this double chocolate banana bread for breakfast, lunch, or brunch, and certainly anytime in between for a pick-me-up snack in the afternoon or late evening.
- Banana Bread Recipe with Chocolate Chips – This banana bread recipe with chocolate chips is a delight to eat if it has butter spread on top of it or not. It tastes so good during the morning, for an afternoon snack, or even as an after-dinner dessert. Don’t throw out those over-ripened bananas; bake some banana bread instead! Your family will thank you and enjoy every last bite of it.
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake – Using frozen bananas and vanilla bean ice cream with cocoa powder, this banana chocolate milkshake recipe is just the thing you need to eat some fruit while enjoying a tasty treat!
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding is so much yummier than store-bought pudding by a long shot, that’s for sure. Also, you have peace of mind knowing what your kids are eating. You may never want to buy chocolate pudding at the store again!
📄 Recipe Card
Oreo Chocolate Milkshake
- Break the Oreo cookies by hand into fourths and set them aside.
- Put the chocolate ice cream into the blender.
- Add the milk and blend.
- Add the Oreos, then blend.
One of the smartest and most responsible little girls you’ll ever meet. Kylie is on the student council at school and loves being involved in all kinds of sports and activities. She published her first post at 10 years old and is looking forward to writing many more!
More by Kylie ➜