(Last Updated On: August 18, 2022)
This Oreo chocolate milkshake is a delicious and easy way to enjoy your summer! With an Oreo in about every bite and lots of tasty chocolate ice cream, this Oreo shake recipe is perfect for chocoholics and Oreo lovers alike! If you don’t like Oreos or chocolate, this Oreo chocolate milkshake recipe might change your mind!
🔑 Key Ingredients
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 20 Oreo Double Stuf (regular or double stuf)
- 6 cups of chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream – optional
- Rainbow sprinkles – optional
🥤 How to Make the Oreo Chocolate Milkshake (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Break the Oreos
First, break the Oreos by hand. It will work best if you try to break them into fourths. Then, set these to the side for now.
Step 2. Measure the Ice Cream
Secondly, measure six cups of chocolate ice cream. You can do that by using a measuring cup or the six-cup line on the blender. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect!
Step 3. Add the Milk
Next, add 1/2 cup of 2% milk (or whatever type you prefer), and pour it on top of the ice cream. After that, blend the ice cream and milk on pulse until smooth. If you want your milkshake to be thicker, add less milk. If you want it to be less thick, add more milk.
Step 4. Add the Oreos
Now, take the Oreos you broke earlier, and add them to the milk and ice cream mix.
Step 5. Blend the Milkshake
Put the milkshake on speed one for about 30 seconds, then press pulse a few more times until the Oreos are the size you desire. You may need to push down some stubborn Oreos with a spoon, then blend some more.
Step 6. Divide the Oreo Chocolate Milkshake
Lastly, pour the milkshake into glasses and add whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles if you want. Enjoy!
To make an Oreo Chocolate Milkshake without ice cream, blend 20 Oreo’s, and 1/2 cup of cold chocolate milk straight out of the fridge.
Yes, you can use different types of chocolate sandwich cookies like double stuffed or regular, or even other brands like Hydrox or Oreos.
💭 Final Thoughts
With plenty of Oreos and lots of chocolate, this Oreo chocolate milkshake will definitely turn your frown upside down! It’s a perfect summer treat that can also be enjoyed throughout the year! To make the Oreo chocolate milkshake even better, use chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles!
💖 Other Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Double Chocolate Banana Bread with Cocoa Powder – Take your banana bread to a whole new level with this delicious chocolate banana bread with double the chocolate! You can enjoy this double chocolate banana bread for breakfast, lunch, or brunch, and certainly anytime in between for a pick-me-up snack in the afternoon or late evening.
- Banana Bread Recipe with Chocolate Chips – This banana bread recipe with chocolate chips is a delight to eat if it has butter spread on top of it or not. It tastes so good during the morning, for an afternoon snack, or even as an after-dinner dessert. Don’t throw out those over-ripened bananas; bake some banana bread instead! Your family will thank you and enjoy every last bite of it.
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake – Using frozen bananas and vanilla bean ice cream with cocoa powder, this banana chocolate milkshake recipe is just the thing you need to eat some fruit while enjoying a tasty treat!
- Homemade Chocolate Milkshake – With lots of ice cream and rainbow sprinkles, this homemade chocolate milkshake recipe is an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. It is simple and quick to make, but delicious all the same! As long as you like chocolate and whipped cream, you’re good to go on this yummy dessert!
- Oreo Milkshake Recipe with Vanilla Extract – With this easy-to-make Oreo milkshake recipe with vanilla extract, you can have both, an Oreo milkshake that tastes like an Oreo blizzard, but better! This Oreo milkshake is the easiest, fastest, and most fantastic-tasting milkshake you will ever make!
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding – is so much yummier than store-bought pudding by a long shot, that’s for sure. Also, you have peace of mind knowing what your kids are eating. You may never want to buy chocolate pudding at the store again!
Oreo Chocolate Milkshake
- Break the Oreo cookies by hand into fourths and set them aside.
- Put the chocolate ice cream into the blender.
- Add the milk and blend.
- Add the Oreos, then blend.
- Add less milk for a thicker milkshake and more milk for not as thick.
- To make sure that your milkshake does not melt, put the cups in the freezer.
- To make your Oreo chocolate milkshake better, consider adding chocolate syrup, mini marshmallows, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, maraschino cherries, and mini chocolate chips.
One of the smartest and most responsible little girls you’ll ever meet. Kylie is on the student council at school and loves being involved in all kinds of sports and activities. She published her first post at 10 years old and is looking forward to writing many more!
More by Kylie ➜