(Last Updated On: August 23, 2022)
These mini chocolate chip M&M cookies are to die for, they are that good! With tons of M&M’s and mini chocolate chips in each cookie, you get a sweet crunch in every bite. These cookies are soft and chewy and go great with a nice tall glass of cold milk.
What’s in these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies?
Each cookie is filled with lots of M&M’s and mini chocolate chips. Also, some of the basic cookie ingredients are flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract. They are soft, sweet, chewy, and yummy!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 sticks of butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of light brown sugar – firmly packed
- 2 cups of M&M’s®
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips
Step-By-Step Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies Instructions with Photos
Step 1. Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2. Stir the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt
Then, in a medium-sized bowl, stir 4 cups of all-purpose flour together with 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside until step 6.
Step 3. Soften the Butter
In a small bowl that is safe for the microwave, melt 2 sticks of butter for 40 seconds until the butter starts to soften.
Step 4. Add the Sugar and Brown Sugar
In a different medium-sized bowl, add the softened butter together with 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 and 1/2 cups of light brown sugar.
Mix the butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until blended.
Step 5. Add the Eggs and Vanilla
Add the 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract together with the softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar.
Stir the eggs and vanilla extract with the softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until all is well blended.
Step 6. Stir in the Flour Mixture
Gradually add the flour mixture together with the eggs, vanilla extract, softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar.
Stir the flour mixture together with the eggs, softened butter, vanilla extract, sugar, and light brown sugar until well blended.
Step 7. Add the M&M’s and Mini Chocolate Chips
Add 2 cups of M&M’s and 1 and 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips together with the flour mixture, eggs, vanilla extract, softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar.
Stir the M&M’s, mini chocolate chips, flour mixture, eggs, vanilla extract, softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until thoroughly mixed.
Step 8. Place the Parchment Paper and Cookie Dough on the Cookie Sheet
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. After that is done, scoop out the cookie dough one at a time and place them on the parchment paper about 2 inches apart. If you have a cookie scooper, that works very well to scoop out the cookie dough.
Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes, or just until there is a little bit of light golden brown on the cookies. But equally important, do not overbake.
Out of the Oven Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
Leave the baked cookies on the cookie sheet for about 1 to 2 minutes. Cookies still cook for a bit when left on the cookie sheet right out of the oven, hence the “do not overbake” rule. And also, they are softer at this time and can break apart trying to get them off of the cookie sheet. After cookies cool, they become firmer, and that’s normal.
Slide a flat spatula under each cookie and transfer them from the cookie sheet over to the cooling rack and let them sit for a couple of minutes until cool. If you take them off of the cooling rack too soon they may fall apart.
FAQs for this Recipe
Can M&M Cookies be Frozen?
Yes, M&M cookies can be stored in the freezer. When stored properly in freezer bags, they can last about 6 months in the freezer.
How Long do M&M Cookies Last?
M&M cookies can last about 2 to 3 weeks in a container on the cupboard. You can store the cookies in a zip lock bag or a Tupperware container. Put a piece of bread in the container to keep the cookies soft.
Chocolate chip M&M cookies are fun to make, but they are even more fun to eat! They not only look terrific, but they taste terrific. This may just be my favorite cookie! When you make these crispy, yet crumbly cookies, you will be excited to share them with all of your family and friends. Enjoy!
Do you love baking cookies and eating them too as we do? Then you must try these ranger cookies with rolled oats, raisins, and rice crispies, a real treat you are sure to love.
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside for now.
- In a microwaveable bowl, soften the butter in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- In a different medium-sized bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract then mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, then mix well.
- Add the M&M's and the mini chocolate chips. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This is a must.
- Use a cookie scooper and scoop out the cookie dough and place them on the parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 11 minutes. Do not overbake.
- After cookies are done baking, leave them on the cookie sheet for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let them sit for a couple of minutes until cool.
- This recipe bakes the cookies for 11 minutes. The cookies should be a little bit of a light golden brown color around the edges. Depending on how hot your oven gets, keep an eye on the cookies. Do not overbake.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➡️