(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
These triple chocolate brownies are the best homemade brownies that are made from scratch, and they are so delicious. They taste great whether you eat them cold or you warm them up in the microwave. These brownies are extra yummy when served with a scoop of ice cream, a squirt of whipped topping out of the can, or a spoonful of cool whip on top.
You can also sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar over the top of them. And for an even more fudgy chocolaty taste, spread some chocolate fudge frosting over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven and have cooled.
This triple chocolate brownies recipe uses real butter, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder. And the surprise treat inside… white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips! So yummy!
🍫 Key Ingredients for Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup of butter – room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
👨🍳 How to Make Triple Chocolate Brownies (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2. Making The Brownie Batter
This brownie recipe is super easy to make, so let’s get started.
Take 1 stick of butter – 1 stick of butter equals 1/2 cup of butter – out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature until it has softened.
After the butter is soft, add it together with 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
Step 3. Mix the Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract
With a hand mixer or spoon, blend the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract altogether.
Step 4. Add the Eggs
In the same bowl, add 2 eggs together with the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture.
Step 5. Blend the Eggs with the Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract.
With a hand mixer or spoon, mix the 2 eggs altogether with the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy smooth.
Step 6. Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour together with 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Then add the flour and cocoa powder mixture to the eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture. After that, mix thoroughly creating the brownie batter.
Step 7. Adding Goodies to the Triple Chocolate Brownies Batter
Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips together with 1 cup of dark chocolate chips to the brownie batter. Mix thoroughly with a spatula. This would be a good time for you to add walnuts or anything else you would like to be in the brownie batter.
Note: Also, if you prefer, you can use milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Step 8. Get the Brownies Oven-Ready
Overlap a piece of parchment paper in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan. Pour the brownie batter into the baking pan inside the parchment paper.
Note: If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the baking dish with cooking spray or rub some cooking oil on the pan, then dust it with a little bit of flour.
The use of parchment paper is to eliminate the use of oil. Also, less clean-up. After baking the brownies, you can lift the parchment paper right out of the pan with the brownies in it. Also, the brownies will not stick to the parchment paper.
Step 9. Spread Out the Brownies
Spread the brownie batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. After the brownies have baked for 35 minutes, they are done.
❓ FAQs for Triple Chocolate Brownies
Let the brownies cool completely. Leave them uncut in the pan and cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to preserve the moisture in them. You can leave them on the countertop or in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Then if there are any leftover brownies, it’s time to eat them up or put them into the freezer. It’s not a good idea to leave certain foods laying around on the countertop or in the refrigerator for very long.
Yes, you can freeze brownies after baking them in the oven. Brownies will last for about 3 months in the freezer. First, let the brownies cool, then cut them into individual servings. After that, place one or two brownies in a zip lock bag made for the freezer. When you want a brownie treat, take one out of the freezer and set it on the countertop for a few minutes to thaw, or put it in the microwave for about 10 to 20 seconds.
💡 Final Thoughts for Triple Chocolate Brownies
These fudgy brownies are a little bit crispy on the outside and so moist and chewy on the inside. Baked just right! Brownies are a great dessert to serve your family right after having some delicious lasagna for dinner. Looks so good!
🍴 More Recipes You Will Love
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies – Made with light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, and lots of chocolate chips, and after baking, lightly sprinkled with sea salt on top.
- Applesauce Cake Recipe – Good stuff like applesauce, raisins, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, cloves, and walnuts, then, a powdered sugar frosting made of butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract is drizzled on top.
- Mississippi Mud Pie – So out-of-this-world delicious because of the moist crumbs of the graham cracker crust beneath all of that wonderful chocolate.
- Old Fashioned Lemon Squares Recipe – Homemade with a shortbread crust and real lemon juice. Powdered sugar is added to the top after baking. So delicious and quick to make. It only takes 27 minutes total to bake in the oven.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Then add 2 eggs to the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture. Mix all together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture. Mix all together into a brownie batter.
- Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 cup of dark chocolate chips to the brownie batter. Mix together with a spatula.
- Overlap a piece of parchment paper in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the baking pan over the top of the parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the baking dish with cooking oil or rub some cooking oil on the pan.
- Other ingredients can be added to the brownie batter before baking like M & M’s, marshmallows. or walnuts.
- Other toppings can be a lite dusting of powdered sugar over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven, or spread chocolate fudge frosting over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven.