(Last Updated On: April 19, 2023)
These triple chocolate brownies are the best homemade brownies for all chocolate lovers that are made from scratch. They are so delicious and have a very rich chocolate flavor. They taste great whether you eat them right out of the oven, eat them cold, or if you warm them up in the microwave. These brownies are extra yummy when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a squirt of whipped topping out of the can, or a spoonful of cool whip on top.
You can also sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar over the top of them. And for an even more fudgy chocolaty taste, spread some chocolate fudge frosting over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven and have cooled.
This triple chocolate brownies recipe uses three types of chocolate in them: cocoa powder, white chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips. You can trade out the kinds of chocolate chips to your preference. Other kinds of chocolate chips that you can use instead are bittersweet chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips.
🍫 Key Ingredients for this Triple Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter – room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
👨🍳 How to Make Triple Chocolate Brownies (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2. Making The Brownie Batter
This brownie recipe is super easy to make, so let’s get started.
Take 1 stick of butter – 1 stick of butter equals 1/2 cup of butter – out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature until it has softened.
After the butter is soft, add it together with 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
Step 3. Mix the Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract
With a hand mixer or spatula, blend the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract altogether.
Step 4. Add the Eggs to the Mixing Bowl
In the same bowl, add 2 eggs together with the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture.
Step 5. Blend the Eggs with the Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract
With a hand mixer or spatula, mix the 2 eggs altogether with the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy smooth.
Step 6. Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour together with 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to create the flour mixture.
Then add the flour mixture to the eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture. After that, mix thoroughly creating the brownie batter.
Step 7. Add Goodies to the Chocolate Mixture
Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips together with 1 cup of dark chocolate chips to the brownie batter. Mix thoroughly with a spatula. This would be a good time for you to add walnuts or anything else you would like to be in the brownie batter.
Note: Also, if you prefer, you can use milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips or any other favorite types of chocolate.
Step 8. Pour Batter into an Oven-Ready Baking Pan
Overlap a piece of parchment paper in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan inside the parchment paper.
Note: If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the baking dish with cooking spray or rub some vegetable oil (or your favorite cooking oil) on the pan, then dust it with a little bit of flour.
The use of parchment paper is to eliminate the use of oil. Also, less clean-up. After baking the brownies, you can lift the parchment paper right out of the pan with the brownies in it. Also, the brownies will not stick to the parchment paper.
Step 9. Spread Out the Brownies
Spread the brownie batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a baking time of 35 minutes. After the brownies have been baked for 35 minutes, they are done but will need to cool down for a bit. Make sure to let the brownies completely cool before cutting into them or else they will fall apart. The melted chocolate in the brownies needs to re-solidify to make them the best chewy brownies.
❓ FAQs for Triple Chocolate Brownies
Let the brownies cool completely. Leave them uncut in the pan and cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to preserve the moisture in them. You can leave them on the countertop or in the refrigerator for about 4 days in an airtight container. Then if there are any leftover brownies, it’s time to eat them up or put them into the freezer. It’s not a good idea to leave certain foods laying around on the countertop or in the refrigerator for a very long time.
Yes, you can freeze brownies after baking them in the oven. Brownies will last for about 3 months in the freezer. First, let the brownies cool, then cut them into individual servings. After that, place one or two brownies in a zip-lock bag made for the freezer. When you want a brownie treat, take one out of the freezer and set it on the countertop for a few minutes to thaw, or put it in the microwave for about 10 to 20 seconds.
💡 Final Thoughts for Triple Chocolate Brownies
These fudgy brownies are a little bit crispy on the outside and so moist and chewy on the inside. Baked just right! These are the best brownies to serve to your family right after having a delicious dinner. They do not compare to any box mix you can get from the grocery store, and they are just as easy to make. This is our favorite brownie recipe and soon to be yours too! So, when you are having a major chocolate craving, fear no more and try making these triple threat brownies!
🍴 More Dessert Recipes You Will Love
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies – Made with light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, and lots of chocolate chips, and after baking, lightly sprinkled with sea salt on top.
- Applesauce Cake Recipe – Good stuff like applesauce, raisins, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, cloves, and walnuts, then, a powdered sugar frosting made of butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract is drizzled on top.
- Mississippi Mud Pie – So out-of-this-world delicious because of the moist crumbs of the graham cracker crust beneath all of that wonderful chocolate.
- Old Fashioned Lemon Squares Recipe – Homemade with a shortbread crust and real lemon juice. Powdered sugar is added to the top after baking. So delicious and quick to make. It only takes 27 minutes total to bake in the oven.
📋 Recipe Card
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Baking dish (8×8 or 9×9 inch)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Then add the eggs to the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture. Mix them all together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture. Mix all together into a brownie batter.
- Add the white chocolate chips and the dark chocolate chips to the brownie batter. Mix together with a spatula.
- Overlap a piece of parchment paper in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the baking pan over the top of the parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.
*️⃣ Recipe Notes
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the baking dish with cooking oil or rub some cooking oil on the pan.
- Other ingredients can be added to the brownie batter before baking like M & M’s, marshmallows. or walnuts.
- Other toppings can be a lite dusting of powdered sugar over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven, or spread chocolate fudge frosting over the top of the brownies after they are done baking in the oven.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜