(Last Updated On: July 4, 2022)
With lots of ice cream and rainbow sprinkles, this homemade chocolate milkshake recipe is an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. It is simple and quick to make, but is delicious all the same! As long as you like chocolate and whipped cream, you’re good to go on this delicious dessert!
🔑 Key Ingredients for Homemade Chocolate Milkshake
This recipe only has two simple ingredients that are key to this milkshake recipe!
- 1/3 cup 2% milk (or whatever type of milk you prefer)
- 6 cups of chocolate ice cream
- Sprinkles – optional
- Whipped Topping – optional
🥤 How to Make Homemade Chocolate Milkshakes (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Measure the Ice Cream
First, measure six cups of ice cream. You can do that by using a measuring cup or using the six cup mark on the blender.
Step 2. Put the Ice Cream in the Blender
Secondly, fill the blender up with the six cups of chocolate ice cream.
Step 3. Measure the Milk
Next, measure 1/3 cup of milk using a measuring cup. The thickness of the milkshake depends on how much milk you put in. If you want a thick chocolate milkshake add less milk, and if you want your milkshake to be not as thick, add more milk. The thickness of your milkshake also depends on what type of milk you use. If you use whole milk, it will be creamier and thicker… but if you use fat free or 1% milk, it will be less creamy and not as thick.
Step 4. Pour the Milk
Then, dump the milk onto the top of the chocolate ice cream.
Step 5. Blend the Milkshake
Lastly, put the lid on the blender and press the pulse button. Keep pressing the pulse button until the ice cream looks like it is completely mixed up with the milk.
Step 6. Pour the Milkshake into Glasses
Spoon the chocolate shake into the cups that you are going to use. Top it off with some whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. Other garnishes are chocolate drizzle, chopped nuts, and maraschino cherries.
What Should I Add to my Chocolate Milkshake?
Some things to add to the ice cream after it’s blended could be chocolate chips, cookie dough bits, and chunks of candy bars such as Hershey’s or KitKat’s.
Can You Make a Chocolate Milkshake Without Ice Cream?
Yes! For me, it was hard to believe but you can make a chocolate milkshake without ice cream. To do that, combine 10 ice cubes, 2 cups of milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, then blend until smooth. I haven’t tried this yet, but I am guessing that it would be slightly less thick and less creamy without the ice cream!
💭 Final Thoughts
If you like chocolate, you will love this homemade chocolate milkshake! This recipe is so easy that even a ten year old can make it… and explain how! In fact, I am a ten year old and am the one writing this post! 😁
💖 Other Recipe’s You’ll Love
- Oreo Milkshake Recipe with Vanilla Extract – This recipe uses 16 double stuffed Oreo’s and vanilla bean ice cream, and is creamy, quick, easy to make, and tastes delicious!
- Hot Chocolate Recipe with Cocoa Powder and Condensed Milk – A sweet and creamy hot chocolate with sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa, and vanilla extract is all blended together with hot water for a delicious drink topped with delicious mini marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding – A delightful chocolaty smooth and creamy pudding treat with lots of chocolate flavor for chocoholics!
- Mississippi Mud Pie Recipe – This Mississippi Mud Pie is made with lots of creamy chocolate, a graham cracker crust, and whipped cream in every delicious bite!
- Recipe for Brownies from Scratch – This recipe for homemade brownies is so moist and chocolaty, and with dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips added to the mix, the taste is beyond heavenly!
Homemade Chocolate Milkshake
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 6 cups Chocolate ice ream
- sprinkles (Optional)
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Put the ice cream in the blender.
- Dump the milk on top of the ice cream.
- Blend the milk and the ice cream until smooth by pressing the pulse button.
- Pour the milkshake into glasses and enjoy!
One of the smartest and most responsible little girls you’ll ever meet. Kylie is on the student council at school and loves being involved in all kinds of sports and activities. She published her first post at 10 years old and is looking forward to writing many more!
More by Kylie ➜