(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to the basic scrambled eggs recipe, this olive oil scrambled eggs recipe cooked without milk or butter is a healthier choice and the eggs taste fantastic. Eggs, olive oil, salt, and some black pepper, and that’s it. So quick, so easy, so healthy, and so good!
🥚 Key Ingredients for Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs without Milk
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
🍳 How to Make Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs without Milk (Step-By-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Beat the Eggs
In a medium-sized bowl, crack the 8 eggs, then beat them with a fork or a whisk, whichever you prefer. Beat until blended thoroughly together. It only takes about a minute or so to beat the eggs.
Note: Beat the eggs lightly and not as long for thicker scrambled eggs, and beat the eggs a little longer for light and fluffy scrambled eggs, whichever you prefer.
Step 2. Season with Salt and Pepper
In this recipe, we will use 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper that will be added together with the beaten eggs.
Pour the salt and pepper into the bowl together with the beaten eggs.
Mix the eggs and the salt and pepper with a fork until thoroughly blended together. Set aside for now.
Step 3. Put Olive Oil in Frying Pan
Put a large frying pan on the stove on medium heat. After about 1 to 2 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the large frying pan, and let the olive oil heat for a bit until it begins to get hot, but not too hot.
If you are making less than 8 eggs, you may need to use a smaller frying pan. Eggs can spread too thin in an oversized frying pan.
Step 4. Add the Beaten Eggs to the Frying Pan
Pour the beaten eggs into the frying pan together with the olive oil. Wait a few seconds or so before turning the eggs until you see the outer edge of the eggs in the frying pan change to a lighter color first before the middle of the eggs do. Then it’s time to move the eggs around.
Step 5. Cook the Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs without Milk
Using a spatula, move the eggs around in the frying pan from the middle out to the sides and back to the middle, then turn them over too.
Note: At this time, you can adjust the heat if you are using a hotter heat source than ours by turning the heat down to medium-low so the eggs don’t cook too fast and dry up, although we did keep the heat at medium the entire time.
Keep turning the eggs with the spatula. Stay with the eggs, don’t walk away to go do something else. For 8 eggs the cooking time is about 8 minutes, but depending on how soft or done you like your eggs, and how hot your heat source is, you can adjust this time to your preference.
Keep an eye on the eggs while they are cooking. Chop the eggs up as they scramble in the frying pan. If you want bigger chunks of eggs, don’t chop as much. Turn the heat source off close to the end of cooking the eggs. The heat from the pan will finish cooking the eggs to your preference.
Note: Scrambled eggs should be thoroughly cooked before serving, but not dried out. Perfect scrambled eggs are moist, soft, and tender but without any wet liquid egg still showing.
❓ FAQs for Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs without Milk
Can You Make Scrambled Eggs without Milk?
Yes, you can make scrambled eggs without milk, and especially if you are lactose intolerant and can’t digest milk, you can still have scrambled eggs for breakfast. I have never put milk in my scrambled eggs ever, and although a lot of scrambled egg recipes have milk in the ingredients, it is not necessary.
Can Scrambled Eggs be Reheated?
Yes, you can reheat scrambled eggs. With any leftovers, make sure to properly store them in the refrigerator. Do not eat leftover scrambled eggs if they have been in the refrigerator for more than a couple of days.
To reheat, take the scrambled eggs out of the refrigerator and put them in a safe microwaveable bowl. If they are a bit dry, you can add a little butter to them. Cover with a safe microwaveable lid or saran wrap. Nuke for about 10 to 20 seconds, drain any unwanted liquid from the bottom of the bowl, stir, check for desired warmth, then repeat reheating steps if necessary.
How Many Calories are in Scrambled Eggs?
For this scrambled egg recipe with olive oil, there is about 108 calories per scrambled egg. The serving size for this recipe is 4, so it would be about 216 calories per serving, or for two scrambled eggs.
💡 Final Thoughts
Scrambled eggs without milk are delicious. Scrambled eggs are a satisfying meal, with lots of protein in each bite, super quick to make, and a great pick-me-up in the morning for breakfast or lunchtime.
Bacon, ham, sausage, and buttered toast go great alongside scrambled eggs. You can sprinkle the top of scrambled eggs with bacon bits, parmesan cheese, or any of your favorite cheeses.
And don’t forget the hot sauce, or your favorite spices and herbs such as thyme, basil, chopped chives, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or onion powder.
You can also sauté diced vegetables, such as carrots, onions, or zucchini, then add the scrambled eggs halfway through sautéing the vegetables. A scrambled egg sandwich on buttered toast, bagel, or bread also tastes fantastic. Enjoy!
👩🍳 More Recipes You Will Love
- Noodles with scrambled eggs – Cooked, then fried pasta noodles mixed in with scrambled eggs. This is an old-time favorite recipe that’s delicious!
- Egg salad – Perfect egg salad, with just the right amount of ingredients. You have everything you need in your kitchen, eggs, mayo, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Olive Oil Scrambled Eggs without Milk
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat the eggs with a fork or a whisk until blended thoroughly together.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper into the bowl with the beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Put a large frying pan on the stove on medium heat. After about 1 to 2 minutes, add the olive oil. Let the olive oil heat for a bit until it begins to shimmer (hot but not too hot).
- Add the beaten eggs to the frying pan with olive oil. Wait a few seconds or so before turning the eggs.
- Using a spatula, move the eggs around in the frying pan from the middle out to the sides and back to the middle, then turn them over too. Adjust the heat if needed so the eggs don't cook too fast.
- Keep turning the eggs with the spatula. Stay with the eggs, don't walk away. For 8 eggs the cooking time is about 8 minutes, you can adjust this time if needed.
- Keep an eye on the eggs while they are cooking. Chop the eggs up as they scramble in the frying pan.
- Turn the heat source off just before the end of cooking the eggs. The heat from the frying pan will finish cooking the eggs.
- Scrambled eggs should be thoroughly cooked before serving, but not dried out, without any wet liquid egg still showing.
- Want thicker scrambled eggs? Beat the eggs lightly and not as long.
- Want light and fluffy scrambled eggs? Beat the eggs a little longer.
- If making less than 8 eggs, use a smaller frying pan. Eggs will spread too thin in an oversized frying pan.