(Last Updated On: November 15, 2022)
If you love crispy hash browns, then this recipe is for you! Cooking frozen hash browns in the air fryer only takes a few minutes. They are so easy to make and they taste fantastic.
Cooking these hash browns until they are golden brown makes them crispy on the outside, but still soft on the inside. They are a real treat for a quick breakfast, tasty lunch, or as a side dish for dinner.
🍴 Key Ingredients
- 4 Frozen hash browns (TJ Farms Select Hash Brown Patties or your favorite brand)
- Any oil spray (if needed)
👩🍳 How to Make Frozen Hash Browns (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
To begin with, set your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit if it requires preheating. The air fryer we are using is a Cosori which needs to be preheated. Proceed to step 2 if you do not have to preheat your air fryer.
Step 2. Place Parchment Paper and Hash Brown Patties on the Basket
Put one piece of parchment paper across the top of the air fryer basket. The parchment paper must have premade holes in it.
If you would rather not use parchment paper or don’t have any, you can instead apply a little oil to your air fryer basket or tray. Some examples of cooking spray you can use are vegetable oil, canola oil, avocado oil, olive oil spray, or whatever is your personal preference.
Then, place frozen hash brown patties on top of the parchment paper in a single layer. Yes, frozen patties right out of the freezer, no need to thaw. We used TJ Farms Select Hash Brown Patties sold in the frozen foods section of grocery stores. So good!
For the best results, do not overlap the lash brown patties. Make an even layer across the air fryer basket. This way they can cook evenly during the cooking process.
Step 3. Cook the Air Fryer Hash Browns
Place the air fryer basket, or tray, in the preheated 400-degree air fryer.
The air fryer cooking time is between 10-12 minutes or 12-18 minutes depending on the wattage of your air fryer. And for extra crispiness, add 2 to 4 minutes of cooking time. Turn the hash brown patties over with a pair of heat-resistant tongs halfway through the cooking process.
We left our hash brown patties in the air fryer for a total of 22 minutes because we wanted them crispier. We flipped them over at 11 minutes. Be careful of the hot air in the air fryer while flipping the hash browns so you don’t burn your hands.
Tip: The best way to be sure you will end up with delicious hash browns is to keep checking them while they are cooking in the air fryer.
Step 4. It’s Time to Eat!
Yes, it is now time to eat these amazingly soft yet crispy, mouth-watering delicious hash browns! Your whole family will love these. Serve with your favorite seasonings and dipping sauces.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. After that, you can refreeze them, but the quality of the taste and texture may be jeopardized. So it’s best to eat them within 3 days or toss them out with the trash.
Yes, if you have leftover cooked hash browns, you can refreeze them, but the taste and texture could be jeopardized. If you do decide to refreeze them, make sure to place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe ziplock bag. An easy way to figure out how many hash brown patties to cook so there won’t be any leftovers is to prepare about 2 patties per person.
A few of the many choices of seasonings you can sprinkle over the top of your hash browns are garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, parmesan cheese, seasoning salt, ground black pepper, table salt, herbs, and cayenne pepper for heat.
⭐️ Dipping Sauces
Many dipping sauces that are perfect for air fryer hashbrowns are ketchup, honey mustard, salsa, and tartar sauce.
📄 Final Thoughts
If you have ever had hash browns, then you know how good they are. Especially as a breakfast side dish with bacon, scrambled eggs, or over-easy eggs, and toast.
It’s a toss-up, I have to admit, I can’t make up my mind if I like air fryer frozen hash brown patties better than shredded hash browns or even homemade hash browns. But the air fryer frozen hash brown patties are much easier to fix especially when you are in a hurry.
So whatever kind you like, and however you make them, whether they are air fried, baked in the oven, or fried in the skillet, we can all agree they sure are tasty and super delicious, so enjoy!
🌟 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Here are some of our favorite recipes we’d like to share with you! With simple ingredients and easy recipes to follow, air frying your favorite foods has never been easier!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – If you are tired of eating the same old french fries, then next time try this simple-to-make and so delicious potato wedge air fryer recipe! Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and so good!
- Frozen Air Fryer Tater Tots (Crispy) – These crispy and delicious tater tots are the best! Seasoned with Johnny’s seasoning salt for extra flavor. Super simple steps to follow in the recipe card.
- Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer Recipe – A fast and easy way to make burgers in a matter of minutes. Delicious and so convenient to be able to take frozen hamburger patties straight out of the freezer and serve dinner within 23 minutes.
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks (Frozen) – Crispy, crunchy, and so tasty! About 10 minutes of cooking time until dinner is ready!
📄 Recipe Card
Hash Browns in the Air Fryer (Frozen)
- Air Fryer Parchment Paper (or cooking spray)
- 4 Frozen hash brown patties
- Any cooking spray (if needed)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper with premade holes in it across the top of the air fryer basket. If you would rather not use parchment paper or don't have any, you can apply some cooking spray.
- Put the frozen hash browns on top of the parchment paper in a single layer, not overlapping or touching each other.
- Cook the hash browns between 10 and 18 minutes. For extra crispy, cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the hash brown patties halfway through. We cooked our hash browns for a total of 22 minutes flipping them over at 11 minutes.
- We used the brand name TJ Farms Select Hash Brown Patties.
- Our air fryer is a Cosori. It may be different from your air fryer. Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
- We use parchment paper with premade holes in it instead of cooking spray, but you can use cooking spray if you prefer.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜