(Last Updated On: September 22, 2022)
When you want bacon, but not all the splattering grease and fat that goes along with it, you must try this cooked turkey bacon in air fryer recipe. Making turkey bacon hasn’t been easier than this. It not only looks good, but it is good. So delicious with a taste as good as or better than regular bacon or pork bacon.
🥪 Key Ingredients
- 10 ounces of uncured turkey bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
👩🍳 How to Make Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat Air Fryer
Please preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit now if yours needs to be pre-heated. Some air fryers don’t need to be preheated.
Note: Not all air fryers are the same. This is the air fryer we have. It is extra large. You might have a smaller air fryer than we do, so you may need to adjust the temperature, and cook time – give or take a few – compared to this recipe. Also, if your air fryer is smaller, you may have to do a couple of batches. And for safety reasons, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye open while cooking this turkey bacon recipe.
Step 2. Place Turkey Bacon on the Basket
Lightly spray the air fryer basket or tray with vegetable oil spray, then lay the turkey bacon slices across the fryer basket. We were able to place nine pieces of turkey bacon on the basket, overlapping just a slight bit, but not placing the bacon on top of each other.
Step 3. Add the Black Pepper to the Turkey Bacon
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper on top of one side of the bacon. You can certainly choose not to put black pepper on the turkey bacon strips, but let me tell you, it’s just a sprinkle and it is delicious.
Step 4. Put the Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
Place the basket inside the air fryer, then cook turkey bacon for about 9 minutes. After that, turn each piece over, with a pair of tongs, to air fry the other side for another 5 minutes until it is perfectly crispy to your liking.
When the turkey bacon is done, place the bacon on paper towels. If you are going to make another batch of bacon, clean the basket tray of any grease before repeating the steps for the second batch.
Note: Depending on how crispy, or not, you like your turkey bacon, you can air fry it a little longer, or air fry it a little less than we did.
Yes, turkey bacon can get perfectly crispy using an air fryer. It is super easy to make, the turkey bacon comes out perfectly done, and it is amazingly good!
Some foods that go great alongside turkey bacon are eggs over easy, scrambled eggs, ham, toast, muffins, pancakes, waffles, noodles with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, fruit, cereal and so much more. If you ask me, I think anything and everything goes great with turkey bacon, well just about. 🙂
📄 Air Fryer Turkey Bacon Final Thoughts
We love turkey bacon! This crispy turkey bacon is so easy to make and tastes fantastic. Serve this air fryer bacon alongside scrambled eggs and buttered toast with jam. Yum! For weekend breakfast or lunch, and even for dinner. Why not, sure sounds good to me!
If you have any leftover bacon, you can make a BLT sandwich for lunch the next day, or crumble it up and toss it in a lettuce salad or on a baked potato.
🔪 More Recipes You Will Love
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – The seasonings make these wedges taste so fantastic – olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper!
- Frozen Tater Tots in Air Fryer – Tasty tater tots, cooked just right, so crispy and delicious. Seasoned with Johnny’s seasoning salt for extra flavor.
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – Super quick, so fun to make, and the powdered sugar icing and sprinkles make these biscuit donuts amazing.
- Bacon in the Air Fryer (Crispy) – A delicious, simple, and fast way to make bacon in the air fryer for breakfast.
- Polish Potato Dumplings – Made with pureed potatoes mixed with flour to form a dumpling, then covered with fried onions and bacon.
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna – Layered in a homemade creamy alfredo sauce, rotisserie chicken, lasagna noodles, and mozzarella cheese.
- Korean Style Ground Beef – Made with lean ground beef, minced garlic, sliced green onions, sesame seeds, smothered in a sauce of brown sugar, minced ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Creamy Five Cheese Tortelloni – This tortelloni has five different kinds of cheese inside, only takes about 2 to 3 minutes to cook, then it is mixed with a white cream sauce with minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- Mississippi Mud Pie – Made with lots of creamy chocolate, a graham cracker crust, and whipped cream in every delicious bite!
- Triple Chocolate Brownies – Rich in fudgy flavor with three different types of chocolate – cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Peach Bread – Super moist on the inside, with a crunchy, crumble topping on the outside. The crumble topping is made with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon that is baked to a golden brown crunch.
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding – A delightful chocolaty smooth and creamy pudding treat with lots of chocolate flavor for chocoholics!
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
- 10 oz uncured turkey bacon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with vegetable oil spray.
- Lay 9 turkey bacon slices across the fryer basket. Overlapping is okay but not on top of each other.
- Sprinkle the black pepper on one side of the bacon.
- Place the basket inside the air fryer.
- Cook the turkey bacon for about 9 minutes.
- Turn each piece over for another 5 minutes or to your liking.
- Place the turkey bacon on a paper towel and repeat the steps to make another batch. Remember to clean out the grease in the basket before making the second batch.
- Always keep an eye on the turkey bacon while it is in the air fryer.
- You may have to adjust the temperature and cooking time if your air fryer is smaller or larger than the one we used.
- If making a second batch, remember to clean out the grease in the basket first.