(Last Updated On: October 17, 2022)
When you want bacon, but not all the splattering grease and fat that goes along with it, you must try this cooked turkey bacon in the air fryer recipe. It is the perfect breakfast food for busy mornings. Making turkey bacon hasn’t been easier than this. It not only looks good, but it tastes good. It is so delicious with a taste as good as or better than regular bacon or pork bacon with fewer calories.
🥓 Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 10 ounces of uncured turkey bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
👩🍳 How to Air Fry Turkey Bacon (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat Air Fryer
Please preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit now if yours needs to be pre-heated. Some air fryers don’t need to be preheated.
Note: Not all air fryers are the same. We have the Cosori air fryer toaster oven (12-in-1) and it is extra-large. You might have a smaller air fryer than we do, so you may need to adjust the temperature, and cook time – give or take a few – compared to this recipe. Also, if your air fryer is smaller, you may have to do a couple of batches. And for safety reasons, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye open while cooking this air fryer turkey bacon recipe.
Step 2. Place Slices of Turkey Bacon on the Basket in a Single Layer
Lightly spray the air fryer tray or basket with vegetable oil spray, then lay the strips of turkey bacon slices across the fryer basket. We were able to place nine pieces of turkey bacon on the basket, overlapping just a slight bit, but not placing the bacon on top of each other.
Step 3. Add the Black Pepper to the Turkey Bacon
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper on top of one side of the bacon. You can certainly choose not to put black pepper on the turkey bacon strips, but let me tell you, it’s just a little bit and it is delicious.
Step 4. Put the Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
Place the basket inside the air fryer, then cook turkey bacon for about 9 minutes of cooking time. After that, turn each piece over, with a pair of tongs, to air fry the other side for another 5 minutes until it is perfectly crispy to your liking.
When the turkey bacon is done, place the bacon on a paper towel. If you are going to make another batch of bacon, clean the basket tray of any grease before repeating the steps for the second batch.
Note: Depending on how crispy, or not, you like your turkey bacon, you can air fry it a little longer, or air fry it a little less than we did depending on your personal preference.
❓ FAQs for this Delicious Turkey Bacon Air Fryer Recipe
Yes, turkey bacon can get perfectly crispy using an air fryer. It is super easy to make, the turkey bacon comes out perfectly done, and it is amazingly good! I love crispy bacon and wouldn’t want it any other way!
Some foods that go great alongside turkey bacon are eggs over easy, scrambled eggs, ham, toast, muffins, pancakes, waffles, noodles with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, fruit, cereal and so much more. If you ask me, I think anything and everything goes great with turkey bacon, well just about. 🙂
If you have any leftover turkey bacon, the best way to store it in the refrigerator is by wrapping it in plastic wrap and then placing it in an airtight container. This method will preserve the quality and flavor.
An easy way to reheat leftover turkey bacon is to use your air fryer! Just preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes depending on how crispy you want it.
📄 Final Thoughts for the Best Turkey Bacon
This is the best air fryer turkey bacon! This crispy turkey bacon is so easy to make and tastes fantastic every single time. Serve this air fryer bacon alongside scrambled eggs and buttered toast with jam. Yum! For weekend breakfast or lunch, and even for a weeknight dinner. Why not, sure sounds good to me! Turkey bacon is a healthier alternative to traditional pork bacon and the cooking process used in the air fryer is a breeze. It is also a great way to cook the bacon to have less mess than cooking on the stovetop. Once you give this recipe a try, it will become your go-to method to cook uncured bacon.
If you have any leftover bacon, you can make a BLT sandwich for lunch the next day or crumble it up and toss it in a lettuce salad or on a baked potato.
🔪 More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – The seasonings make these wedges taste so fantastic – olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper!
- Frozen Tater Tots in Air Fryer – Tasty tater tots, cooked just right, so crispy and delicious. Seasoned with Johnny’s seasoning salt for extra flavor.
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – Super quick, so fun to make, and the powdered sugar icing and sprinkles make these biscuit donuts amazing.
- Bacon in the Air Fryer (Crispy) – A delicious, simple, and fast way to make bacon in the air fryer for breakfast.
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks – Frozen fish sticks cooked in the air fryer is the best way to cook them fast and make them crispy without the grease.
📇 Recipe Card
Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
- 10 oz uncured turkey bacon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with vegetable oil spray.
- Lay the turkey bacon slices across the fryer basket. Overlapping is okay but not on top of each other.
- Sprinkle the black pepper on one side of the bacon.
- Place the basket inside the air fryer.
- Cook the turkey bacon for about 9 minutes.
- Turn each piece over for another 5 minutes or to your liking.
- Place the turkey bacon on a paper towel and repeat the steps to make another batch. Remember to clean out the grease in the basket before making the second batch.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜