(Last Updated On: October 18, 2022)
So yummy and so quick, these easy air fryer biscuits take minutes to prepare and cook in the air fryer. The Pillsbury Grands biscuits, when done, are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and soft and flaky on the inside. Just perfect biscuits every time! Spread on the butter and your favorite jam, and it tastes like you are eating a scone! Amazingly good!
🔑 Key Ingredients
- 1 package of 8 Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
- Butter to spread inside the biscuits (optional)
- Your favorite jam (optional)
👩🍳 How to Make Easy Air Fryer Biscuits (Canned) (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
To preheat the air fryer, set the temperature setting to 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember to keep in mind that different air fryers can produce different levels of heat. Our air fryer is a Cosori and the power output is 1800 watts. You may have to adjust the time and temperature of your air fryer if it is a smaller unit. Just keep checking on the biscuits while they are cooking in the air fryer.
Step 2. Spray the Basket with Cooking Oil
Use a pastry brush to apply cooking oil to the air fryer basket or use cooking spray on the basket.
Note: We didn’t use parchment paper for this biscuit recipe as we do in our other air fryer recipes because the biscuit dough needs the hot air to flow at full force to get the inside of the dough cooked. Even though the parchment paper we use has holes in it, the air is restricted enough that it might not get the inside of the biscuits cooked.
Step 3. Lay the Biscuit Dough on the Air Fry Basket
We used canned refrigerated biscuits that are sold in the refrigerated section of grocery stores. Take the 8 raw biscuits out of the can of Pillsbury biscuits and place them on the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching each other. You may have to use less than 8 biscuits if your air fryer is smaller. Also, the size of the biscuits determines how many will fit in the basket. The biscuits we used say “8 Big Biscuits” on the front of the can.
Tip: For a little added buttery taste, you can melt some butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds, using a microwave-safe bowl. Then, brush the tops of the biscuit dough with the melted butter right before you put the biscuit dough in the air fryer.
Or get creative and dip the biscuit dough into the melted butter, then dip into a sugar and cinnamon mixture of 1 cup of granulated sugar to 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon. After that, put the biscuits in the air fryer. The cooking time is about the same, 4 minutes, but keep checking to make sure they are cooking okay. And remember to flip them over halfway through the cooking time.
Step 4. Cook the Biscuits in the Air Fryer
Put the basket with the biscuit dough on the middle rack, if you have racks, into the preheated air fryer at 330 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have racks, then don’t worry about the middle rack.
The air frying cooking time for the biscuits is between 9 to 10 minutes, or until they are turning a light golden color. We cooked our biscuits for 10 minutes, but we turned them over at 5 minutes. So remember to flip the biscuits over with a pair of tongs halfway through the cooking time.
Step 5. Enjoy These Wonderful Air Fryer Biscuits
This is an easy air fryer recipe that’s simple and quick to make, and the biscuits taste so delicious. The perfect combination is golden brown biscuits on the outside with a dab of creamy butter and your favorite jam on the inside.
Any leftover biscuits can be stored in an airtight container or a ziplock bag on the countertop at room temperature for a couple of days. Or you can put them in the refrigerator for a couple of days. After that, they may not look too good or taste too good. We put ours in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator, but we did eat them the next morning for breakfast. Yum!
Note: Be aware that mold can start to grow on bread products at room temperature in about 5 to 10 days, and even sooner for homemade bread because there are no preservatives in it, unlike store-bought bread. So always check out your bread products before eating them. Leftover biscuits are best eaten at least by the next day or two.
Yes, you can freeze air fryer biscuits, but they are best when eaten fresh. Like all bread products, any leftovers can be put into the freezer in a ziplock freezer bag, aluminum foil, cling wrap, or an air-tight container for a couple of months. However, the sooner you use the frozen biscuits, the better.
The great thing about air frying is if you have any leftover biscuits, you can reheat them in the air fryer without them becoming soggy. The air fryer cook time and temperature for our leftover biscuits were 4 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and they turned out great.
If you put leftover biscuits in the freezer, take them out of the freezer and reheat them in the air fryer frozen, no need to thaw, for about 4 minutes, or additional time if needed. You know your air fryer better than anyone, so for the best results, keep watching them and test one to see if they are hot enough to your liking.
💡 Final Thoughts
This is a simple recipe to make. These air fryer canned biscuits cooked in only 9 to 10 minutes are just like eating a yummy treat. They are so quick to prepare and cook! The recipe prep time is however long it takes you to pop open the can of biscuits and lay them on the air fryer basket. What an easy way to have bread and butter as a great side dish alongside your dinner entrées. Enjoy!
📋 Recipe Card
Easy Air Fryer Biscuits (Canned)
- 8 biscuits Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
- Butter to spread inside the biscuits (optional)
- Your favorite jam (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit if you need to preheat yours.
- Brush cooking oil on the air fryer basket or use cooking spray.
- Put the biscuit dough on the air fryer basket in a single layer. Do not overlap.
- Put the basket with the biscuit dough into the preheated air fryer at 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 9 to 10 minutes, or until they are turning a light golden color. Turn the biscuits over halfway through the cooking time at 5 minutes.
- Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container or a ziplock bag on the countertop or in the refrigerator for a couple of days. After that, freeze or toss.
- For a little added buttery taste, melt some butter, then brush the tops of the biscuit dough with the melted butter right before you put them in the air fryer.
- Another option is to dip the biscuit dough into melted butter and a sugar and cinnamon mixture, then put them in the air fryer. The cooking time is about the same, but keep checking the biscuits while they cook to make sure.
🥰 More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Here are some of our favorite recipes we are sure you will love!
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
These air fryer breakfast recipes are the best way to make a great-tasting breakfast FAST!
- Bacon in the Air Fryer (Crispy) – Crispy and so tasty with no messy splattering grease all over the kitchen stove. Only 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer – Perfect breakfast food for busy mornings. Making turkey bacon hasn’t been easier than this. It is so delicious with a taste as good as or better than regular bacon or pork bacon with fewer calories.
Dinner Air Fryer Recipes
Some great recipes for you to make in the air fryer for dinner!
- Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer Recipe – So delicious and so convenient. How nice to be able to take frozen hamburger patties straight out of the freezer, then pop them into the air fryer. It’s a great way to prepare dinner when you are in a hurry. The cook time is about 20 to 23 minutes until dinner is served!
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks (Frozen) – Crispy, crunchy, and so delicious. It only takes these air fryer fish sticks about 10 minutes to cook until dinnertime!
Air Fryer Side Dishes & Desserts
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – The seasoning used in this recipe taste so fantastic together! Olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper! Making potato wedges is easy, fun, and so delicious. Yum!
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – We used Pillsbury Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits to make these delicious donuts. Then, spread powdered sugar icing on top. A pastry cutter or a very small biscuit cutter can be used to make a hole in the middle of the biscuits.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜