(Last Updated On: April 27, 2022)
Take the guesswork out of making the perfect egg salad with this easy-to-make recipe. With the right ingredients, your egg salad will be perfect every time.
Also, what’s great about this recipe is that you have everything you need in your kitchen right now, eggs, mayo, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. What? Did I just say lemon juice? Well, don’t let the lemon juice fool you because there is no lemony taste, I assure you. You can’t even taste the lemon in the recipe, but it sure makes the egg salad taste terrific.
Key Ingredients For Egg Salad
- 8 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Prepare Hard-Boiled Eggs
The first step we need to do is make 8 hard-boiled eggs. You can follow our hard-boiled eggs in the oven recipe, or you can boil them on the stove. Whichever way you choose, it doesn’t affect the outcome of the egg salad.
Then, after the eggs are hard-boiled, remove the eggshells and slice or dice the eggs whatever size you prefer. For example, some folks like big chunks of eggs in their egg salad, and some folks like little pieces. And then there are folks like me, who like a mixture of both. Therefore, if I may, I would suggest a mixture of both.
Combine Egg Salad Ingredients
In a medium-size bowl, add the chopped hard-boiled eggs together with 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Mix It All Up
Stir together all of the ingredients to make a creamy and smooth egg salad filling for sandwiches, or over the top of many foods such as celery, lettuce, crackers and so much more. Note: Mash some of the egg yolks during stirring.
You can put this yummy egg salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Egg salad tastes good right when it’s made, or after chilling it in the refrigerator.
Serve egg salad with chips and fruit or spread some on lettuce or veggies. Or even on occasion, some folks have egg salad for dinner along with tomato soup or chicken noodle soup. Also, egg salad tastes great spread on crackers or spread between two slices of bread. Enjoy!
Recipe For Egg Salad
- 8 large eggs (hard-boiled)
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Peel the shells off of the eggs.
- Stir together all of the ingredients. Mash some of the egg yolks during stirring.
- Refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
*️⃣ Recipe Notes
- Egg salad can not only be spread on two slices of bread, but also as a topping on crackers, celery, or on a bed of lettuce.
- Tip: It’s not a good idea to freeze egg salad, although you can. Eggs and mayonnaise don’t taste exactly the same after being frozen, then thawed. The eggs become tough and rubbery, and the texture in the mayonnaise changes and becomes watery.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜