(Last Updated On: January 8, 2024)
This is a quick and easy air fryer hot pockets recipe to enjoy for a quick snack or a quick lunch. Who doesn’t love a hot pocket occasionally? While the inside of each hot pocket is pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese, the outside of the hot pocket is a seasoned garlic buttery crust. These are simple to make, especially when you are in a hurry.
There are all types of hot pockets with different ingredients that can be cooked with this air fryer method. We chose frozen premium pepperoni pizza hot pockets. But, if you have specific brands you prefer, go ahead and use that type of hot pocket. If the kind of hot pockets you choose is different from ours, just remember that you may need to adjust the temperature and cooking time.
🍴 Key Ingredients
- 1 box of premium pepperoni pizza Hot Pockets (5 in a box) or your favorite flavor
- Any extra toppings or dipping sauces of your choice (optional)
👩🍳 How to Make Air Fryer Hot Pockets (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
If you need to preheat your air fryer, set the temperature to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Different air fryers cook differently. We use a Cosori air fryer with a power unit of 1800 watts. Take note that the cook times and temperatures given can vary depending on the model of your air fryer. For the best results, always keep an eye on the food inside the air fryer so it doesn’t undercook or overcook.
Step 2. Place Parchment Paper on the Air Fryer Basket
Note: Parchment paper for air fryers has holes in the paper, which allows the heat to distribute evenly. Using the proper parchment paper with holes in it is a must for air fryers. In other words, if the parchment paper doesn’t have holes in it, don’t use it.
Step 3. Place Hot Pockets on the Basket
After you put the parchment paper (or cooking spray) on the basket, take the frozen hot pockets out of the freezer. Take them out of the box and remove the crisper sleeve. There is no need to let the hot pockets sit at room temperature. Place the frozen hot pockets on the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching each other.
Note: The crisping sleeve is used for cooking hot pockets in the microwave and is not needed for this air fryer method.
Step 4. Cook the Hot Pockets
With the air fryer preheated to 380 degrees Fahrenheit, cook the hot pockets for 14 minutes. Flip them over at 7 minutes, which is halfway through the cooking time. For extra crispy crust, cook the hot pockets for a few more minutes. Or check on them until the edges are crispy and golden brown to your liking.
Be careful not to burn yourself from the hot air while flipping each crispy hot pocket inside the air fryer. When placing and removing the air fryer basket, the best way to not burn yourself is to use heat-resistant oven mitts and heat-resistant tongs.
Note: These hot pockets will be very hot when they are done cooking. Let them sit for a minute or two before eating.
🌟 Recipe Variations
- Dip these delicious hot pockets in your favorite pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top of the finished hot pockets.
💡 Final Thoughts
These hot pockets have the best texture and are crispier when cooked in the air fryer compared to the oven or the microwave cooking method.
So the next time you are looking for a great snack or quick lunch for yourself or the kiddos, grab a box of frozen hot pockets. And there is also no need to thaw them at room temperature either. Just pop them in the air fryer for 14 minutes and then sit back and enjoy.
🗂️ Recipe Card
Air Fryer Hot Pockets (From Frozen)
- Air Fryer Parchment Paper (or non-stick cooking spray)
- 1 box Pepperoni pizza hot pockets (or your favorite flavor)
- Choice of toppings (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper made for the air fryer, or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the packaging from each hot pocket. Do not use the crisping sleeve. We don't need them when using the air fryer method of cooking.
- Lay the hot pockets on the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching each other.
- Cook the hot pockets for 14 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking process at 7 minutes. For extra crispy, cook for a few more minutes.
💑 More New Recipes You Will Love
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets – Put the frozen chicken Dino nuggets in the air fryer for about 8 to 10 minutes and then watch the kiddos gobble them up. They are crispy, crunchy, and so good!
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks – These frozen fish sticks only take 10 minutes in the air fryer, and then it’s time to eat. They taste amazing.
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs – You wouldn’t think frozen corn dogs would taste this good, but these do, especially when they are cooked in the air fryer. The air fryer makes these corn dogs crunchy and crisp, which the microwave can’t do.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜