(Last Updated On: June 18, 2023)
These air fryer frozen mini pizza bagels are so delicious. There is plenty of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and mini pepperoni chunks on each little mini pizza. It’s so amazing how they can get all of that on a mini bagel.
When these bite-size mini pizzas are cooked in the air fryer, the cheese is melted just right and the crispy crust of the bagel is a delight! Air frying frozen foods is a breeze, just like with these frozen hush puppies in the air fryer, pizza rolls, dino nuggets, and these air fryer pierogies.
🥯 Simple Ingredients
- 1 box of frozen mini pizza bagels – or your choice
- Extra toppings of your choice – optional
🍕 How to Make Frozen Mini Pizzas Bagels (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit. It doesn’t matter what make or model air fryer you use, but be aware that the cooking times and temperatures listed can vary from one air fryer to the next.
Step 2. Place the Frozen Pizza Bagels on the Basket
You can use parchment paper with holes in it or spray the basket with cooking spray if you prefer, although we did neither of them. Place the frozen mini pizza bagels on the air fryer basket. Make sure to place the mini bagels in a single layer.
We put five mini pizzas in our basket because it was for a quick lunch and just for two of us, but you can add more than that if your air fryer can hold more than five.
Step 3. Cook the Mini Pizzas
Place the basket in the preheated air fryer. Be careful not to burn yourself though. A great way to prevent any burning of your skin is to wear heat-resistant oven mitts.
Cook the air fryer mini pizzas between 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Our cooking time was 10 minutes. You may have to add an additional minute or two if you want yours extra crispy. After they are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer using heat-resistant tongs, then let them stand for 1 minute.
Note: The cook time and temperature can vary depending on the type of air fryer you have. For the best results when cooking any food in the air fryer, check the food periodically. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
✨ Recipe Variations
Make personal pizzas by adding some of your favorite toppings. A few options are:
- Add extra fresh mozzarella cheese
- Add some chopped green bell pepper
- Lay some mushrooms on top
- Place some sliced olives on top
- Add some chopped Italian sausage
- Make homemade English muffin pizzas the whole family will love rather than frozen bagel pizzas – Just cut English muffins in half, spread on your favorite pizza sauce, and then sprinkle some cheese and mini slices of pepperoni on top or any of your favorite pizza toppings. The air fryer cook time would be less because they would not be cooked from frozen.
If you have any leftover mini pizzas put them in an airtight container or wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store them in the refrigerator for a couple of days until you are ready to eat them. Reheat them in the air fryer or the microwave until warmed to your liking.
This air fryer pizza recipe uses frozen mini pizza bagels bought in the frozen section of your local grocery store. There are many different brand names to choose from so go ahead and buy whichever one you like the best, but we decided to try the brand name Bagel Bites to see how they tasted. Bagel Bites are mini bagels with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on top. There are 18 in the box.
The cooking instructions on the back of the package say 2:20 minutes in the microwave, 14 minutes at 425 degrees in the oven, or 16 minutes at 400 degrees in the toaster oven. But we decided to cook them in the air fryer to see how they tasted, and they turned out great.
Most air fryers do not cook the same, but don’t let that stand in your way when you find a great recipe you want to try out. All you need to do is check on the food you are cooking towards the end of the cooking time. Take a peek inside the air fryer to see how the food you are preparing is doing. You can also take a little bit of the food out of the air fryer and cut it in half to see if the inside is done to your liking.
💡 Final Thoughts
This is a quick and easy air fryer mini pizza recipe. It’s great for an after school snack for the kiddos paired with fresh raw baby carrots. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or an easy meal for dinner, you can make it complete with a lettuce salad and lots of veggies. Make your next pizza night a fun one with these tasty little mini pizza bagels.
After cooking frozen mini pizzas in the air fryer you will never go back to any other way. The air fryer perfectly crisps up the bagel crust, giving it an enjoyable crunch while maintaining a soft and chewy texture on the inside. The flavors are also enhanced by the cooking process resulting in mini pizzas that are neither too greasy nor too dry.
💖 More Easy Recipe Ideas You Will Love
- Easy Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich in Air Fryer – This copycat Chick-fil-A sandwich is made with frozen chicken breast fillets, Chick-fil-A sauce, and cheddar cheese all placed on a soft bun. Dill pickle chips are optional. So good!
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets (Buddies) – Cook some crispy Dino nuggets in the air fryer for a quick snack, lunch, or dinner. It’s also an easy meal to prepare with little cook time.
- Corn Dogs in Air Fryer Recipe (Frozen) – Air fryer frozen corn dogs are crispy, crunchy, and taste amazing. The cook time is 10 to 12 minutes until lunch or dinner is ready.
🗂️ Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pizza Bagels
- 5 Mini pizza bagels
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This is optional but you can put parchment paper with holes in it or spray the basket with cooking spray if you prefer.
- Place the mini pizza bagels in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on the mini pizzas towards the end of the cooking time.
- When done, use the oven mitts and the tongs to take them out of the air fryer, then let them sit for 1 minute to set properly.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜