(Last Updated On: November 3, 2022)
If you love corn dogs, you have to try this corn dogs in the air fryer recipe right now! Well, you can wait for lunchtime or when you want an easy snack. Our whole family loves these crispy corn dogs and I know yours will too!
For this quick meal, the corn dogs come out of the air fryer crispy and crunchy, and the cooking time is only 10 to 12 minutes. They are not soggy at all like they would be if cooked in the microwave. The hot air from the air fryer makes these corn dogs crispy all the way around the dogs. You are going to love these golden brown delicious corn dogs!
🌭 Key Ingredients
- 6 frozen corn dogs (from your favorite brand)
👩🍳 How to Make this Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer Recipe (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
If you need to preheat your air fryer, set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note: Most air fryers are not the same. Some air fryers are big, and some are small. The power they produce can vary. The air fryer we use is a Cosori air fryer with a basket, a toaster oven, and a convection oven. It sits on the countertop at all times. It even has a rotisserie in it to cook an entire chicken. The Cosori air fryer costs a little more than some of the other air fryers, but it is well worth it in the long run. It is a large capacity unit that can cook for 5 to 7 people. The power output is 1800W. With that said, you may have to adjust the time and temperature for your air fryer if it is a smaller unit, or just keep checking on the corn dogs while they cook in the air fryer.
Step 2. Put Parchment Paper on the Basket and the Corn Dogs
Place parchment paper on the air fryer basket, then put 6 premade frozen corn dogs in a single layer across the parchment paper. If you use parchment paper, make sure that it has holes in it. This is a must for the air fryer unit to work properly. No need to apply cooking spray to the basket or parchment paper because the parchment paper is non-stick.
Notes & Tips:
- If you don’t have parchment paper with holes in it, brush oil or use non-stick cooking spray on the air fryer tray so the corn dogs won’t stick.
- If you can’t fit 6 corn dogs in your air fryer, you can use less
- You can also cut the sticks off a bit if they won’t fit in your air fryer.
Step 3. Cook them in the Air Fryer
Put the 6 frozen corn dogs in the 400 degrees air fryer and set the timer for 10 minutes total time. Using a pair of heat-resistant tongs, flip the corn dogs over halfway through. Or you can set the timer for 5 minutes, then flip each corn dog over and cook for another 5 minutes.
If you want your corn dogs a little crispier, cook them for an extra minute or two. But keep checking on the corn dogs while air frying them. Remember to flip them over to the other side 5-6 minutes into the cooking time.
I do not recommend cooking for less time than at least 10 minutes as you may end up with a cold hot dog inside.
Step 4. Remove Them from the Air Fryer
After the 10 to 12 minutes is up, take the corn dogs out of the air fryer. Discard the parchment paper. If you are going to do a second batch of corn dogs, please be sure to clean the air fryer first.
❓ FAQs for Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
No, you don’t have to use frozen corn dogs, especially if you make them at home from scratch. Making homemade corn dogs is quite different than buying them premade. You would need corn dog sticks to put into the hot dogs, so the hot dogs can not be frozen. Then there is a corn dog batter to be made. After all of that, they get cooked in the air fryer. Of course, the time and temperature would be different, about 375 degrees for 8 minutes, depending on what type of air fryer you have.
But if you buy frozen corn dogs in the freezer section of the grocery store, they are already frozen, so it’s easier to leave them frozen in the freezer and use only the amount you want to make.
The nice part about it is you don’t have to wait for them to thaw. Air fryer frozen corn dogs, when done, come out crispy and delicious. From the freezer to the air fryer makes for a quick and easy meal for your hungry family.
We used Bar-S brand for this frozen corn dog recipe, but other popular corn dog brands are State Fair Brand, Foster Farms, Johnsonville, and Great Value brands.
💡 Food for Thought
The best part about these air-fried frozen corn dogs is that they are super easy to make, and they are perfect for a quick snack or for a family dinner. Each corn dog is so soft on the inside, and crispy and crunchy on the outside. The air fryer cook time is only 10 to 12 minutes, depending on your desired crispiness. Using the air fryer to cook frozen corn dogs is definitely, in our opinion, the best way to cook them. It’s almost like you are eating them at the State Fair!
We use ketchup and mustard as our dipping sauce for our air fryer corn dogs, but you can choose whatever your favorite dipping sauce is to go along with these amazing corn dogs. BBQ sauce, honey mustard, and hot sauce are other ideas to use for sauces. French fries, potato salad, and veggies make great side dishes to make this a complete meal for the whole family. Enjoy this easy dinner idea!
🥰 The Best Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – These air fryer potato wedges are the best because they are seasoned with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper! Yum!
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks (Frozen) – So easy and when the fish sticks are ready, they are crispy, crunchy, and so delicious. It only takes these air fryer fish sticks about 10 minutes of cooking time until dinner is ready!
- Frozen Air Fryer Tater Tots – Crispy, delicious, and seasoned with Johnny’s seasoning salt for extra flavor. These tater tots are so fantastic tasting!
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets – This air fryer dino nuggets recipe is so fast and easy to make, yet so crispy, crunchy, and delicious.
📋 Recipe Card
Corn Dog in Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Parchment Paper (with holes in it or cooking spray)
- 6 Frozen corn dogs
- Dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place parchment paper with holes in it over the air fryer basket. If you don't have parchment paper with holes in it, brush or spray the basket with oil.
- Place the frozen corn dogs on top of the parchment paper in a single layer. No overlapping. You can shorten the sticks on the corn dogs a bit if they won't fit properly.
- Place the corn dogs in the air fryer. Set the timer for 10 minutes. 12 minutes for crispier. Using tongs, flip the corn dogs over halfway through.
- After 10 or 12 minutes, take the corn dogs out of the air fryer. Throw the parchment paper in the trash.
- Clean the air fryer before a second batch.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce. Ketchup or mustard is good.
- If you can’t fit 6 corn dogs in your air fryer, you can use less.
- You can cut the sticks off a bit if they won’t fit in your air fryer.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜