(Last Updated On: April 28, 2022)
This ranger cookies recipe creates a delicious little cookie filled with Rice Krispies, old-fashioned oats, raisins, and brown sugar. I can’t make up my mind whether it’s the Rice Krispies, oats, or the raisins that make this ranger cookie so delightful to the taste buds! Also. these cookies have plenty of texture, soft, yet crispy and crunchy! These ranger cookies definitely put a sensation in your mouth that is beyond heavenly!
A quick little story… not only have I had this recipe from a friend for about 29 years now, my daughter and I finally decided to make them. We sure won’t go that long before we make them again. They really are “out of this world” good!
Key Ingredients For Ranger Cookies Recipe
Cream This Together
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of rice krispies (can use generic brand)
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Preheat the oven to 340 degrees.
Cream This Together
In a big bowl add 1 cup sugar together with 1 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 cup of softened butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, creating the cookie dough. Mix thoroughly.
Dry Ingredients For Ranger Cookies Recipe
Then, gradually add to the cookie dough 1 teaspoon of baking soda together with 2 cups of all-purpose flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix together. Note: It’s going to get a little harder to stir as we keep adding ingredients, but that’s normal.
The next step is to add 2 cups of old-fashioned oats. Keep stirring until the old-fashioned oats are blended in with the other ingredients. That was certainly a workout on the arms, right?
Add Raisins To Ranger Cookies Dough
Then add 1 cup of raisins. Mix together. At this point, you may be thinking we can’t add any more ingredients to the cookie dough because it is getting thicker and harder to stir. But we can. Fortunately, we only have one more ingredient to add, and that is the Rice Krispies, mentioned below.
Add Rice Krispies
The last ingredient to add is 2 cups of Rice Krispies. The batter is pretty thick now, and much harder to stir, but you can do it. Be careful not to mush up the Rice Krispies. Tip: Instead of Rice Krispies, a generic brand such as the Walmart brand called Great Value Rice Crisps, tastes the same and costs less.
Drop the cookie dough by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Do not smash down. Leave them in the shape that they fall off the spoon. You can tidy up any loose edges though.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake at 340 degrees for 13 minutes. Note: Do not overbake or bake at a higher temperature. The cookies will be harder, not soft and chewy.
All done! These ranger cookies turned out great!
Ranger cookies taste fantastic right out of the oven, but be careful not to burn your mouth. They are yummy after they have cooled too. Also, ranger cookies can be put into the freezer.
Look at those crispy edges! So yummy! Enjoy! Another great dessert to try is brownies.
Ranger Cookies Recipe
- Preheat over to 340 degrees.
- Mix together in a large bowl the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, softened butter, and vanilla extract.
- Next, gradually add the baking soda, flour, salt. Mix together.
- Add the old-fashioned oats. Mix together.
- Add the raisins. Mix together.
- Add the Rice Krispies. Mix together. Be careful not to smash up the Rice Krispies.
- Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Do not smash down.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake at 340 degrees for 13 minutes.
- Do not overbake, or bake at a higher temperature. The cookies will be harder, not soft and chewy.
- Other ingredients you can add to this ranger cookie recipe are:
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Instead of Rice Krispies, you can use a generic brand such as the Walmart brand called Great Value Rice Crisps. They taste exactly the same as Rice Krispies in these ranger cookies and they cost less.