(Last Updated On: December 14, 2022)
If you want something nice to dream about night after night, then you must try this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe! I can’t even describe how heavenly it is! Well, yes I can!
No bake Oreo cheesecake is a super creamy dessert, with a crispy Oreo crust and a creamy cheesecake filling with crushed Oreo crumbs in it. And, the top of the Oreo cheesecake filling is covered in whipped cream and sprinkled with more crushed Oreo crumbs. Yep, as I said, it’s just heavenly! This Oreo cheesecake is beyond a chocolate lover’s delight! So good!
We all know how delicious Oreo cookies are. And they are even better in so many other desserts. We also love Oreo ice cream, Oreo chocolate milkshakes, and Oreo milkshakes with vanilla bean ice cream.
🥧 Key Ingredients
The Pie Crust
- 1 Oreo pie crust (ready-made in the grocery stores)
The Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Great Value whipped topping (or Cool whip, or your favorite brand)
- 18 Oreo cookies (crushed)
Homemade Whipped Cream (spread across the top of the finished Oreo cheesecake)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 Oreo cookies (crushed and sprinkled on top of the homemade whipped cream)
👩🍳 How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Soften the Cream Cheese
Take the eight ounces of cream cheese out of the refrigerator and set it on the countertop at room temperature so it can soften. This should only take about 10 minutes.
Also, take the container of whipped topping out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator for now.
Step 2. Prepare the Homemade Whipped Cream
In a large mixing bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream together with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Step 3. Beat the Whipping Cream Mixture
Using a hand-held electric mixer, or stand mixer on high speed, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft yet stiff peaks form. This should take about three to four minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. After that, place the bowl of whipped cream in the refrigerator for now.
Step 4. Put the Oreo Cookies in a Ziplock Bag
Then, place 18 Oreo cookies in a ziplock bag. Release most of the air in the bag, leaving just a little, before zipping it up. If you don’t have any ziplock bags, no problem. You can put the cookies in a large bowl and then continue to the next step.
Step 5. Break up the Oreo Cookies
Smash the Oreo cookies in the ziplock bag into Oreo cookie crumbs. You can make Oreo crumbs a couple of ways.
- One way is using a rolling pin. Just roll the rolling pin back and forth over the ziplock bag a few times.
- Or you can put the cookies in a large bowl, then crush the cookies using the back side of a sturdy spoon. This may be a little harder to do, but it is doable. It is okay if you end up with a few Oreo chunks.
- You can break up the Oreos by laying the ziplock bag on the countertop, then applying pressure with the palms of your hands on the ziplock bag, or just squeezing the bag.
- You can apply pressure using the bottom of a cup or roll a can of corn or green beans or a hard object over the bag.
Using the rolling pin is the easiest way though. After you are done breaking up the cookies, set them aside for now.
Note: Do not smash the cookies up too much. You want a few fine crumbs, along with a few chunks of Oreo cookies in the bag too.
Step 6. Combine the Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar
In a separate bowl, put eight ounces of softened cream cheese together with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
Step 7. Beat the Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar
Again, with a hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese together with the powdered sugar into a cream cheese mixture. This will take only a couple of minutes until it is nice and smooth.
Step 8. Add the Whipped Topping and Oreo Crumbs
Take the whipped topping out of the refrigerator and add it together with the cream cheese mixture. Then, add the crumbled Oreo cookie crumbs to the bowl.
Note: You can add the Oreo cookies in the next step instead of now if you prefer to use an electric mixer to thoroughly blend the whipped topping and cream cheese mixture. We used a spatula.
Step 9. Mix Up the Oreo Filling
Use a spoon or spatula to stir the cream cheese mixture together with the whipped topping and Oreo cookie crumbs. Blend them into a creamy Oreo filling, but be careful not to break up the Oreo cookies any more than they already are.
Note: This step is where you can use an electric mixer if you prefer to do so, to blend the cream cheese mixture and whipped topping together before adding the Oreo cookies.
Step 10. Fill the Oreo Pie Crust
Spread the Oreo filling evenly into the ready-made Oreo pie crust. By the time you get all of the Oreo filling into the pie crust, it should be slightly above the rim of the aluminum pie plate.
Step 11. Spread the Homemade Whipped Cream on Top of the Cheesecake
Get the homemade whipped cream out of the refrigerator that we made earlier and spread it across the top of the Oreo cheesecake filling. Make sure to spread it around until the whole top area of the Oreo cheesecake is covered.
Step 12. Add More Oreo Crumbs
Break up the last 5 Oreo cookies and sprinkle them over the top of the whipped cream.
Step 13. Chill the Cheesecake in the Refrigerator
After that, put the Oreo cheesecake in the refrigerator for six hours to chill.
🔪 Recipe Variations
- Sprinkle bits of chocolate pieces or white chocolate pieces over the top of the Oreo cheesecake.
- Make a pastry pie crust from scratch or buy a ready-made one from the store if you don’t want to use the Oreo pie crust.
- Change out the Oreo cookies and use your favorite cookie instead.
- Make the Oreo pie crust from scratch instead of buying the ready-made one from the store. Use a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. The Oreo crust consists of 1/4 cup of melted butter and one package of Oreo cookies made into crumbs. You want the melted butter and crushed Oreo cookies to stick together. Using your fingers, press the Oreo mixture evenly into the pie plate or springform pan and up the sides just a bit. That’s it.
Tip: If you decide to use a springform pan, take it apart. Overlap a piece of parchment paper on the bottom part of the pan. Then put the pan back together again and snap the side buckle shut. Cut away the excess parchment paper.
Oreo cheesecake must be kept in the refrigerator or the whipped cream and whipped topping will become a semi-liquid mess, in other words, melt. Put the Oreo cheesecake in a container with a lid on it if you can. Do not use plastic wrap to cover the top of the Oreo cheesecake. The plastic wrap will stick to the whipped cream. If you don’t have a container big enough with a lid on it, you can use aluminum foil. Just make sure the foil isn’t pressed up against the whipped cream.
Yes, you can freeze the entire cheesecake for at least 3 or 4 months. But first, put it in a freezer-safe airtight container, or better yet, cut individual slices and put them in freezer-safe airtight containers, then when you want a slice or two of Oreo cheesecake, you can take out only what you need when you are ready to do so.
💭 Final Thoughts
This delicious no bake Oreo cheesecake has an Oreo cookie crust, a creamy filling made with cream cheese and whipped topping, and crushed Oreo pieces. Then it is topped with whipped cream and more crushed Oreos. It is so easy to make. And the best thing about it is you don’t have to bake it. The prep time is about 20 minutes, then after that, you put it in the refrigerator to chill out for a while. 🙂 Enjoy!
🥰 More Delicious Desserts You Will Love
We have some delicious recipes we want to share with you that our family loves, and we hope you will enjoy them too.
- Lemon Meringue Pie with Condensed Milk – A tart but sweet lemon meringue pie recipe with condensed milk and juice from fresh lemons. All on a pre-made graham cracker crust.
- Sugar Cream Pie Recipe (Classic) – This is an easy dessert to make, with simple ingredients such as a ready-made pie crust or homemade pie crust, cornstarch, granulated sugar, table salt, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, unsalted melted butter, and ground cinnamon.
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake – We love cheesecake recipes, and this pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect dessert during the holidays.
- Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe – The best part about these triple chocolate brownies is they are loaded with white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips. The perfect treat when you crave chocolate. So good!
📄 Recipe Card
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
The Oreo Pie Crust
- 1 Oreo pie crust (ready-made)
The Topping – Homemade Whipped Cream
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Take the frozen whipped topping out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator for now.
The Topping – Homemade Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside in the refrigerator for now.
- Crush the Oreo cookies. Set aside for now.
The Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- Crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. With the mixer, beat until smooth.
- Get the whipped topping out of the refrigerator and add it to the same bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Add the crumbled Oreo cookie pieces to the bowl too. Mix into a creamy Oreo filling. Try not to break up the Oreo crumbs any more than they already are.
The Oreo Pie Crust
- Fill the Oreo pie crust with the Oreo filling.
- Get the whipped cream we made earlier out of the refrigerator and spread it on top of the Oreo filling.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookies on top of the whipped cream.
- Chill for up to 6 hours.
- The Oreo cheesecake must be kept in the refrigerator.
- If you prefer, you can make the Oreo pie crust from scratch. Crush one package of Oreo cookies. Add 1/4 cup of melted butter and stir. Evenly spread the Oreo mixture in a pie pan or springform pan and up the sides a bit.
- Sprinkle white chocolate or chocolate pieces over the top of the Oreo cheesecake.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜