(Last Updated On: April 20, 2023)
Have you ever had a creamy chicken lasagna? If you haven’t, we have a great recipe that you must try. It’s out of this world delicious! It’s an easy chicken and broccoli lasagna recipe to make. You, your whole family, and your guests are going to love it. It tastes incredible!
It has only nine simple ingredients – five ingredients for the alfredo sauce, and four ingredients for the lasagna layers. I love anything with a chicken mixture, especially chicken broccoli, so this chicken broccoli lasagna is one of my favorites. It is the perfect meal!
It has delicious layers of alfredo sauce, lasagna pasta, chicken, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese all stacked up on top of each other, then baked to perfection for only 45 minutes.
🥦 Chicken Broccoli Lasagna Key Ingredients
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 8 lasagna sheets (oven-ready noodles)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli (thaw – chopped)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
👨🍳 How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat the Oven
The oven temperature for this recipe is 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You can preheat the oven now, or wait until we are closer to the end of this recipe.
Step 2. Shred the Chicken
Prepare one rotisserie chicken by deboning it into shredded chicken pieces and placing it in a large bowl. Then put the shredded chicken in the refrigerator for now until we layer the chicken in the baking dish later.
Tip: I do have to say that a rotisserie chicken from Costco is the best buy. As of this date, a Costco rotisserie chicken is just $4.99 each. What a deal!
It’s already cooked for you, it can be used in so many recipes, for example, Chicken Soup Dumplings, it’s the best tasting, and it’s the best price.
Buying a rotisserie chicken from Costco is the easiest method, not to mention how yummy it tastes with its unique seasonings. Check it out.
However, there are different ways to make cooked chicken if you can’t find a rotisserie chicken at your nearby grocery store.
- Bake a chicken in the oven
- Boil a chicken on the stove – a whole chicken, or chicken breasts, and if you like dark meat, thighs, cooked on medium-high heat in boiling water and/or chicken broth
- Buy a couple of cans of chunk chicken breast
- Use leftover chicken or turkey from a previous meal
- And of course, if you have a rotisserie, you can make a rotisserie chicken at home
Step 3. Cut the Broccoli into Bite-Sized Florets
Take 2 cups of frozen broccoli out of the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. Then, cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets. You can use fresh broccoli if you prefer. After the broccoli is cut, set it aside for now.
Step 4. Prepare the Alfredo Sauce
In a large skillet, add 4 tablespoons of butter together with 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic. Melt butter and sauté the minced garlic on medium-high heat just until the butter melts. Melting the butter will only take but just a few minutes.
Step 5. Add the Heavy Cream and Pepper to the Melted Butter and Garlic
Pour the 2 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper into the frying pan together with the melted butter and garlic. Stir constantly using a whisk, spoon, or wooden spoon, so the heavy cream doesn’t stick or burn on the frying pan.
Bring the heavy cream mixture to a boil on high heat, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer, stirring constantly.
Step 6. Add the Parmesan Cheese
While continuing to stir, add 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese to the heavy cream mixture.
Step 7. Simmer Until Heavy Cream Thickens
Stir and simmer on low heat until the heavy cream has thickened into a creamy alfredo sauce. Do not walk away from this. Stay by the stove and continue to stir the heavy cream. This won’t take too long, about 5 minutes or so. Then turn the burner off. After that, the next few steps are easy-peasy to do. The hardest part of this recipe was making this creamy sauce. In the next steps below, we are going to do the layers.
🥘 The Layers for Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
Step 1. Spread a layer of Alfredo Sauce in the Baking Dish
A quick summary of the layers is – one-third of the alfredo sauce, 4 lasagna noodles, half of the shredded chicken, half of the broccoli, then half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat those layers again, then end with the remaining alfredo sauce on top.
For the first layer, spread 1/3 of the alfredo sauce, with a spoon, evenly in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. There will be 2 more layers of the alfredo sauce a bit later. We did not spray any cooking spray down on the casserole dish first. There is no need for any since the alfredo sauce is the first layer.
Step 2. Make a Layer of Lasagna Noodles
The second layer is to place four (out of the 8) oven-ready lasagna in the baking dish on top of the alfredo sauce.
Note: Oven ready means we do not have to boil the lasagna pasta. Just take them out of the package, and place them in the baking dish. Of course, if you prefer to use the lasagna noodles that are cooked in boiling water, you can. If so, cook the lasagna noodles according to the instructions on the back of the package.
Step 3. Make a Layer of the Shredded Chicken
The third layer is the shredded chicken. Evenly spread half of the shredded chicken on top of the lasagna noodles. There will be one more layer of chicken a bit later.
Step 4. Toss on Some Broccoli
The fourth layer is a row of broccoli florets. Arrange half of the broccoli florets evenly across the top of the chicken. There will be one more layer of broccoli a bit later.
Step 5. Sprinkle on Some Mozzarella Cheese
Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup) on top of the broccoli. The other cup of mozzarella cheese will be used a bit later.
Step 6. Repeat Layers
We are now going to repeat all of the layers. We divided the alfredo sauce into thirds earlier. This will be the second layer of alfredo sauce, so there will still be one more layer of the alfredo sauce a bit later.
Step 7. The Last Layer of Lasagna Noodles
Place the last 4 oven-ready lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce.
Step 8. Toss on the Last Layer of Chicken and Broccoli
Scatter the last of the shredded chicken and the last of the broccoli over the top of the lasagna noodles.
Step 9. Last Layer of Mozzarella Cheese and Alfredo Sauce
Finally, this will be the last layer of remaining cheese and alfredo sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken broccoli layer. Then, spoon the remaining alfredo sauce on top of the mozzarella cheese.
Step 10. The Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna is Ready for the Oven
Place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the baking dish, sealing it around the edge on all sides of the baking dish.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for a bake time of 30 minutes. After that, remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
🍲 Ready to Eat Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna
If you love home cooking, love chicken, broccoli, and a delicious tasting alfredo sauce with lasagna noodles, then put them all together in this delicious chicken casserole recipe. You will want to make this recipe over and over again any time of the year. It’s a real treat at dinner time. The prep time is short, and the final dish comes out with so much flavor!
Yes, you can make chicken broccoli lasagna ahead of time. You can make it in the morning and bake it later in the day. Or you can bake it the next day. Store it in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days, then eat.
This recipe for chicken and broccoli lasagna is cooked in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes, you can freeze chicken broccoli lasagna. You can freeze it without baking it first or freeze it after you bake it. However, make sure to cover it and freeze it in a freezer-to-oven safe baking dish. When you are ready to make it for dinner, take it out of the freezer the day before and put it in the refrigerator to thaw.
Uncooked chicken and broccoli lasagna can last about a month in the freezer, and baked chicken and broccoli lasagna can last about 3 months in the freezer, then after that, eat it to maintain the best quality, or discard it.
If there are only a couple of you in your family, you can also cut individual servings and put them into small containers, then freeze them until you are ready to eat.
💡 Final Thoughts for Chicken Broccoli Lasagna Recipe
This is a great chicken alfredo lasagna with broccoli recipe to take to a potluck, for example, at weddings, funerals, or a family celebration. Easy to transport if need be. A comforting meal all in one dish! Can’t get any better than that! 😉 Or, if you are into meal preps, this is recipe is a great option for that. Garlic bread, buttered bread, and/or a salad are great side dishes.
🍜 More Recipes You Will Love
If you want easy and tasty dinner ideas for your family to enjoy, we have some great recipes for you.
- Lasagna – Pure Italian taste with lean ground beef, flavorful spices, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, lasagna noodles, and topped off with more cheese. Yummy!
- Korean Style Ground Beef – Lean ground beef and minced garlic mixed with a sauce made of brown sugar, soy sauce, minced ginger, and sesame oil. Sliced green onions and sesame seeds are added and served over rice. So delicious!
- Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe – Lean ground beef, and cheese, smothered in a mild La Victoria red enchilada sauce.
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – A little sweet, a little spicy, a little hot, full of tasty flavor, and served over white rice.
Who isn’t in the mood for a yummy dessert after dinner? We have some delicious desserts and cookie recipes right here for you!
- Mississippi Mud Pie – Out-of-this-world delicious and that’s because it’s loaded with chocolate!
- Peach Cobbler – This classic peach cobbler is made using Bisquick® baking mix, butter, milk, canned peaches, and cinnamon. Yum!
- Ranger Cookies – So soft, so crispy, and so delicious, cookies made with old-fashioned oats, raisins, brown sugar, and Rice Krispies.
- Recipe for S’mores Cookies with Chocolate Chips – Filled with melted chocolate chips, gooey mini marshmallows, and crumbled-up graham crackers. So good!
Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna (Easy)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 8 lasagna noodles (oven-ready)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli (thawed – chopped)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Debone the rotisserie chicken into shredded pieces. Then put it in the refrigerator for now.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Set it aside for now.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter with the minced garlic on medium-high heat just until the butter melts.
- Add the heavy cream and black pepper to the melted butter and garlic. Stir constantly.
- Bring the heavy cream mixture to a boil on high heat. Then reduce the heat to simmer, stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring and add the grated parmesan cheese to the heavy cream mixture.
- Stir and simmer until the heavy cream has thickened into an alfredo sauce. Stay by the stove and continue to stir the alfredo sauce. Then turn the heat off.
- In a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, spread 1/3 of the alfredo sauce, then half of the lasagna noodles, half of the chicken, half of the broccoli, then half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat those layers.
- Then end with the remaining alfredo sauce.
Bake in the Oven
- Place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the baking dish. Seal around the edge on all sides of the baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜