(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
This spicy chicken stir-fry dinner with frozen vegetables is a quick, easy, and delicious meal in about 20 minutes, give or take a few minutes.
Chicken stir-fry is a nutritious meal for the whole family. However, this chicken stir-fry recipe is more for the adult who likes some hot spicy flavor in their meal. It may be a bit too spicy for the little ones.
The hot flavor comes from the 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes that she adds. You can reduce the number of red pepper flakes or increase the amount if you like really hot spicy food.
Key Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
- Two 12.5 ounce cans of premium chunk chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil, not shown
- 1 package of broccoli stir-fry vegetables (frozen)
- 1 package of Asian stir-fry vegetables (frozen)
Spicy Stir-Fry Seasoning Sauce
- 1 package of Sun Bird stir-fry seasoning mix
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Step 1. Cook Chicken in Olive Oil
Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a frying pan and let it heat up for about a minute or so. Drain the liquid out of the 2 cans of premium chunk chicken breast, then add the chicken breast to the frying pan.
Cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Stir the mixture around in the frying pan while heating it. This will also separate the really big chunks of chicken.
Step 2. Add the Stir-Fry Vegetables
Add 1 package of the frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables and 1 package of the Asian stir-fry vegetables together with the chicken in the frying pan.
Mix while tossing the vegetables and the chicken until heated through. You can add any of your favorite vegetables you want at this time.
Let the veggies and chicken simmer for a few more minutes while you make the spicy stir-fry seasoning sauce listed below.
Step 3. Prepare the Spicy Stir-Fry Seasoning Sauce
Mix 1 package of Sun Bird stir-fry seasoning mix together with 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2/3 cups of water, and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Then add this to the chicken and vegetable mixture. Cook until heated through.
Spicy chicken stir-fry is served over a bed of cooked white rice. However, there are other options you can choose from. For example, serve over brown rice, or maybe over mashed potatoes, or mashed potatoes on the side. I have never tried that, but it sounds good.
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Frozen Vegetables
- 2 cans premium chunk chicken breast (12.5 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package broccoli stir-fry vegetables (frozen)
- 1 package Asian stir-fry vegetables (frozen)
Spicy Stir-Fry Seasoning Sauce
- 1 packet Sun Bird Stir-Fry seasoning mix
- 2 – 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan. Let it heat up for a minute or so.
- Add the cans of chicken breast. Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen stir fry vegetables. Cook until heated through.
How To Make The Spicy Stir-Fry Seasoning Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the stir fry seasoning mix, cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook until hot.
- Serve over white cooked rice.
- If you don’t like spicy, leave out the red pepper flakes.
- If you want a little bit of spicy, but not overwhelming, add half the amount listed in the recipe, which would be about 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.