(Last Updated On: April 12, 2023)
Today we are making a homemade sheet pan pizza recipe with a store bought dough mix. It tastes better than store bought pizza and it’s quick and easy to make. The pizza toppings for this recipe are Classico traditional pizza sauce, pepperoni, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, hickory smoked Canadian bacon, and sliced black olives.
Everyone in our family likes something different on their pizza. Some of us like black olives on pizza, and some of us like diced onions. But we can all agree on lots of cheese, pepperoni, and Canadian bacon. The fun part about making pizza at home is everyone gets to pick their favorite pizza toppings.
If you are craving pizza but don’t want to make an entire pizza, try these easy pizza rolls made in the air fryer! They are delicious!
🍕 Key Ingredients
The recipe ingredients listed below are for two medium size sheet pan pizzas, but I will be giving instructions for one pizza. If you want to make one pizza, cut all of the ingredients in half. You can also add any of your favorite toppings besides the toppings in this recipe.
- Two 6.5-ounce boxes of Jiffy pizza crust mix
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (not shown)
- One 6 oz. package of Hormel Pepperoni Original
- One 14 oz. jar of Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce
- 1 pound of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- One 6 oz. package of Land O Frost Premium Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon
- One 6-ounce can of extra-large pitted black olives
👩🍳 How to Make Sheet Pan Pizza (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Preheat Oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2. Prepare the Pizza Crust
These steps are for one pizza. I used a 10.2-inch x 12.5-inch Pyrex glass baking tray that I have owned for many years now, but you can use whatever you usually use to make pizza, like a rectangular pizza pan, a baking sheet, or a round pizza pan.
Tip: If you prefer a thinner crust, spread the pizza dough on a larger pizza pan, or vice versa, for a thicker crust, use a smaller pizza pan.
To prepare the store-bought dough pizza crust, add one box of Jiffy pizza crust to a large bowl together with 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix the pizza flour mixture and warm water with a spoon and include scraping the sides of the bowl.
To prepare the sheet pan (or baking sheet), grease the inside of the bottom of the pan with a bit of olive oil, (about 1 teaspoon), then with clean hands, spread the pizza dough on the prepared baking sheet.
Tip: You can use a rolling pin to roll out the dough if you prefer to do so. Use a lightly floured surface if you do.
The photo below is pizza dough spread on the pizza pan but has not been baked yet.
Step 3. Bake for Three Minutes
Put the unbaked pizza dough in the preheated 425-degree oven for about 3 minutes, then remove the pizza crust from the oven. You can see how it is a bit baked now on top of the dough. It’s not wet looking anymore.
I like to bake the pizza crust a little before adding any toppings because then I know the pizza dough will be done on the inside of the crust.
Step 4. Spread on the Pizza Sauce
Spread half of the 14 oz. jar of Classico traditional pizza sauce in an even layer on top of the baked pizza crust. The other half of the pizza sauce is for the second pizza.
Note: If you are wanting to make one pizza, as I do sometimes for just me and my husband, you can put the other half of all of the ingredients in the freezer to use at another time, except for the can of olives.
Step 5. Add the Cheddar Cheese
Sprinkle half of the 1-pound bag of sharp cheddar cheese over the pizza sauce. As you can see, I love lots of cheese on my pizza, but you can add less cheese or more cheese if you like. If you are not a fan of cheddar cheese on your pizza you can skip this part.
Step 6. Sprinkle on Some Mozzarella Cheese
Sprinkle half of the 1-pound bag of mozzarella cheese over the top of the cheddar cheese.
Step 7. Add the Canadian Bacon
Spread out evenly 1/2 of the Land O Frost premium hickory smoked Canadian bacon on top of the mozzarella cheese.
This Canadian bacon is packed full of flavor, so that’s why I only use half of the package. You can put more Canadian bacon on your pizza if you want to, but if you do, you will need to buy another package for the second pizza, unless you are only making one pizza.
Step 8. Add Some Pepperoni
Then place 1/2 of the 6 oz. package of Hormel pepperoni original over the top of the Canadian bacon. I know, that’s a lot of pepperonis, but you just can’t get enough pepperoni, right? It tastes so delicious on this pizza.
There are different brands of pepperoni, so if you have a special favorite, go ahead and use that one. I just prefer this one.
Step 9. Toss on the Black Olives
Scatter 1/2 of the can of sliced olives on top of the pepperoni. I slice the olives in fourths before putting them on the pizza.
My son-in-law doesn’t like olives on his pizza, so 1/4 of the second pizza I make is without olives, just for him. If you don’t like olives on your pizza either, you can skip this part.
Step 10. Bake the Pizza
After the olives are on the pizza, put the pizza in the preheated 425-degree oven and bake the pizza for about 13 minutes or until the edges are nice and crispy and golden brown. After baking, let the pizza sit at room temperature for just a couple of minutes before cutting it.
Note: Depending on your oven, you may need to bake your pizza a little longer or a little less than 13 minutes. The best way to make sure your pizza is baking the way you want it is to check your pizza after about 10 minutes of baking to get your desired preference.
✨ Recipe Variations
There are many different toppings you can put on top of your pizza before or after you bake it in the oven.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder on top of the pizza before it is baked.
- Before baking, add your favorite sliced bell peppers to the pizza whether they be red, orange, or yellow.
- Spread some chopped pineapple over the top of the pizza before baking.
- Shake some Italian seasoning on top of the pizza before baking.
- Shake a little bit of ground black pepper or red pepper flakes on the pizza after it is baked.
- We sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top of our slice of pizza after it is baked.
- Use your favorite store-bought pizza dough or a store-bought pizza kit in a box such as Chef Boyardee pizza maker.
- Make homemade dough instead of store-bought dough. Making your own pizza dough uses basic ingredients such as all-purpose flour, dry yeast, table salt, granulated sugar, olive oil, and warm water.
Sometimes I leave any leftover pizza on the baking sheet or pizza pan that I baked it in and then cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or I put it in a plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator. But you can also put it in an airtight container.
We have the leftover pizza for dinner the next night. Lay a paper towel over the top of each leftover slice of pizza and reheat it in the microwave for about a minute or two until hot enough to eat.
💡 Final Thoughts
And there you have it, a homemade pizza made by you and your family. This pizza is simple to make, tastes delicious, and is much cheaper than ordering pizza delivery or going out to a pizzeria or pizza parlor.
You can customize this pizza with your favorite toppings, and also let the kids put their favorite toppings on their side of the pizza. So fun for the kids to cook in the kitchen with their mom and dad.
So make this Friday night a pizza night the whole family can enjoy! Get all of the pizza fixings together and have some family fun! You can even separate the pizza dough into equal amounts for each family member and then let them do it their favorite way.
You can also have a large bowl of fresh lettuce as a side dish topped with all of your favorite vegetables, and sprinkled with a little cheddar cheese and your favorite salad dressing!
💖 More Recipes You Will Love
- Spicy and a little bit hot, this easy ground beef taco recipe with salsa is delicious!
- This is a super easy recipe for eye of round steak. Just brown, then simmer until tender.
- And don’t forget about dessert, you will be happy to indulge in these fantastic old-fashioned lemon squares.
📄 Recipe Card
Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
- Large bowl (to mix pizza dough)
- 2 boxes pizza crust mix (Jiffy 6.5 ounce each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 package Hormel pepperoni original (6 ounces)
- 1 package Land O Frost premium hickory smoked Canadian bacon (6 ounces)
- 1 jar Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce (14 ounces)
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 can black olives (6 ounces pitted extra-large)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
For One Pizza
- The pizza ingredients listed above are for 2 pizzas, but the following instructions are for 1 pizza. Repeat these steps for the second pizza.
- In a bowl, mix the Jiffy pizza crust following the instructions on the box.
- Grease a pizza pan or sheet pan with olive oil.
- Spread the pizza dough on the pan.
- Put the unbaked pizza dough in the oven for about 3 minutes, then remove.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce on the baked pizza crust.
- Spread half of the sharp cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese on the pizza sauce.
- Spread half of the Canadian bacon and half of the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Dice the olives and spread half of them on top of the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven for about 13 minutes.
- Repeat these instructions for the second pizza.
*️⃣ Recipe Notes
- You can add any of your favorite toppings to this pizza recipe.
- Depending on how hot your oven bakes, you may need to adjust the baking time a little longer or a little less than 13 minutes. Keep checking your pizza after about 10 minutes.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜