(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
This homemade pizza recipe with cheddar cheese is for all you pizza lovers out there because it’s quick and easy to make, and tastes delicious.
The recipe ingredients listed are for two sheet pan pizzas, but I will be giving instructions for one pizza. You can also add any of your favorite toppings besides the toppings I use. This pizza recipe uses cheddar cheese as well as the traditional mozzarella cheese.
Everyone in our family likes something different on their piece of pizza, so we put a few olives here, a few onions there, and of course cheese, pepperoni, and Canadian bacon everywhere. That’s the fun part about making your pizza at home, everyone gets to be involved. 🙂
Key Ingredients for Pizza Recipe with Cheddar Cheese
The ingredients shown below will make two medium size homemade sheet pan pizzas. If you want to make one pizza, cut all of the ingredients in half.
- Two 6.5 ounce boxes of Jiffy pizza crust mix
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (not shown)
- One 6 oz. package of Hormel Pepperoni Original
- One 14 oz. jar of Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce
- 1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of Mozzarella cheese
- One 6 oz. package of Land O Frost Premium Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon
- One 6-ounce can of extra-large pitted ripe olives
Step-By-Step Pizza Recipe with Cheddar Cheese Instructions with Photos
1. Making the Pizza Crust
Remember, in this pizza recipe there are enough ingredients for two pizzas. I will be showing you the steps for one pizza. I used a 10.2-inch x 12.5-inch Pyrex glass baking tray that I have owned for many years now, but you can use whatever you usually use to make pizza, like a rectangular pizza pan or a round pizza pan.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
To prepare the pizza crust, add one box of Jiffy pizza crust in a bowl together with 1/2 cup of warm water.
Then, grease a pizza pan or pizza dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and spread the pizza dough on the pan. The photo below is pizza dough spread on the pizza pan but has not been baked yet.
Put the unbaked pizza dough in the oven at 425 degrees for about 3 minutes, then remove the pizza crust from the oven. You can see how it is a bit baked now.
I like to bake the pizza crust a little before adding any toppings because then I know the pizza crust will be done on the inside of the crust.
2. Adding the Pizza Toppings
Spread half of the 14 oz. jar of Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce on the baked pizza crust. The other half of the pizza sauce is for the second pizza.
Note: If you are wanting to make one pizza, as I do sometimes for just my husband and me, you can put the other half of all of the ingredients in the freezer to use at another time, except of course the can of olives.
Sprinkle half of the 1 pound bag of sharp cheddar cheese over the pizza sauce. As you can see, I love lots of cheese on my pizza, but you can add less cheese or add more cheese if you like.
Sprinkle half of the 1 pound bag of mozzarella cheese over the top of the cheddar cheese. If you are not a fan of mozzarella cheese on your pizza you can skip this part.
Spread out evenly 1/2 of the Land O Frost Premium Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon on top of the mozzarella cheese.
This Canadian bacon is packed full of flavor, so that’s why I only use half of the package. You can put more Canadian bacon on your pizza if you want to, but if you do, you will need to buy another package for the second pizza, unless, of course, you are only making one pizza.
Then place 1/2 of the 6 oz. package of Hormel Pepperoni Original over the top of the Canadian bacon. I know, that’s a lot of pepperonis, but you just can’t get enough pepperoni, right? It tastes so delicious on this pizza.
There are different types of pepperoni, so if you have a special favorite, go ahead and use that. one, I just prefer this one.
Spread 1/2 of the can of sliced olives over the top of the pepperoni. I slice the olives in fourths before putting them on the pizza.
My son-in-law doesn’t like olives on his pizza, so 1/4 of the second pizza I make is without olives, just for him. If you don’t like olives on your pizza either, you can skip this part.
3. Oven-Ready Pizza Recipe with Cheddar Cheese
After you put the olives on the pizza, it is now time to put the pizza in the oven. I set the oven at 425 degrees and baked the pizza for about 13 minutes.
Depending on your oven, you may need to bake your pizza a little longer or a little less than 13 minutes. Keep checking your pizza after about 10 minutes of baking to get your desired preference.
And there you have it, a homemade pizza made by you. This pizza is simple to make, tastes delicious, and is much cheaper than ordering pizza delivery or going out to a pizza restaurant.
You can customize this pizza with your favorite toppings, and also let the kids put their favorite toppings on their side of the pizza. So fun for the kids to cook in the kitchen with their mom and dad.
I know a lot of folks can eat pizza all by itself, but I have to have a bowl of lettuce topped with all my favorite vegetables, sprinkled with a little cheddar cheese, and topped with my favorite dressing, honey mustard. Yum!! And for dessert, you will be happy to indulge in these fantastic lemon bars. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe with Cheddar Cheese
- 2 boxes Jiffy pizza crust mix (6.5 ounce each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 ounce package Hormel Pepperoni Original
- 6 ounce package Land O Frost Premium Hickory Smoked Canadian Bacon
- 1 jar Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce (14 ounces)
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 can extra-large pitted olives (6 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
For One Pizza
- The pizza ingredients listed above are for 2 pizzas, but the following instructions are for 1 pizza. Repeat these steps for the second pizza.
- In a bowl, mix the Jiffy pizza crust following the instructions on the box.
- Grease a pizza pan or sheet pan with olive oil.
- Spread the pizza dough on the pan.
- Put the unbaked pizza dough in the oven for about 3 minutes, then remove.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce on the baked pizza crust.
- Spread half of the sharp cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Spread half of the Canadian bacon and half of the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Dice up the olives and spread half of them on top of the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven for about 13 minutes.
- Repeat these instructions for the second pizza.
- You can add any of your favorite toppings to this pizza recipe.
- Depending on how hot your oven bakes, you may need to adjust the baking time a little longer or a little less than 13 minutes. Keep checking your pizza after about 10 minutes.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜