(Last Updated On: October 25, 2022)
You are going to love this instant pot spaghetti sauce with meat recipe because it’s full of flavor, simple to make, and tastes delicious. And kitchen clean-up is a breeze because there’s only one pot to clean.
No browning of the ground beef in a separate frying pan, and also no pot on the stove to boil the noodles because all of the ingredients go into the instant pot.
Key Ingredients for Instant Pot Spaghetti
To make this spaghetti sauce you will need the following ingredients and seasonings:
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- three 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- one 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- one 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 24 ounces of linguine noodles.
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Step-By-Step Instant Pot Spaghetti Instructions with Photos
Step 1. Set the Instant Pot on Saute
Set the instant pot on saute. The saute button is on the bottom left side of the instant pot. Press the saute button and get ready to brown some ground beef.
Step 2. Add the Ground Beef
Put the ground beef in the instant pot and saute on high until the ground beef is done browning. The photo below shows browning the ground beef, with a spatula, until there is no pink showing. Also, chop it up as you are browning it.
The photo below shows the ground beef with no pink showing. At this time, drain any excess fat (liquid) from the ground beef.
Step 3. Add Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, and Tomato Sauce
Next, add three 14.5-ounce cans of diced tomatoes, one 6-ounce can of tomato paste, and one 15-ounce can of tomato sauce together with the ground beef.
The photo below shows the ground beef together with the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce in the instant pot after mixing thoroughly.
Step 4. Add the Seasonings
Mix 2 teaspoons basil together with 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, 4 teaspoons minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar into the spaghetti sauce. Stir together with the spaghetti sauce.
Note: If you aren’t ready to serve dinner at this time, you can slow cook the spaghetti sauce mixture by pressing the slow cook button on the instant pot. This will keep the spaghetti sauce warm until you are ready to add the linguine spaghetti noodles.
Step 5. Add Linguine Noodles
If you were slow cooking the spaghetti sauce to keep it warm, after that, remove the lid on the instant pot and add the linguine noodles. Lay them on top of the spaghetti sauce, but do not stir.
Step 6. Add the Water
Pour 1 cup of water over the linguine noodles, also, do not stir.
Step 7. Set the Instant Pot on Manual
Set the instant pot on manual, then cook for 7 minutes. After that, remove the lid and stir the spaghetti. If the noodles aren’t quite done to your liking, then you can cook the noodles for a few more minutes.
Ready to serve spaghetti sauce with meat. You can also sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the spaghetti for added flavor. Can be served with garlic bread, salad, and fresh vegetables.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Try this delicious lasagna for your next dinner gathering. Lasagna tastes great with salad and garlic bread.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce with Meat
- Put the ground beef in the instant pot and saute on high. Chop it up as it browns until the ground beef has no pink showing.
- Add the cans of diced tomatoes.
- Add the can of tomato paste.
- Add the can of tomato sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt, thyme, minced garlic, and brown sugar. Mix together with the spaghetti sauce.
- Lay the linguine noodles on top of the spaghetti sauce. Do not stir.
- Pour 1 cup of water over the linguine noodles. Do not stir.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set it on manual for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove the lid and stir the spaghetti.
- If the noodles aren't quite done, cook for a couple more minutes.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜