(Last Updated On: April 24, 2022)
When you want something quick and easy to make, but something that is also satisfying to eat, healthy for you, and tastes delicious, then you must try this tuna salad recipe.
With ingredients such as red onions, relish, garlic powder, and black pepper added to the recipe, you get a nice kind of crisp and crunchy texture and a welcoming taste.
- 12 ounces of Albacore solid white tuna in water
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of relish
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of red onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Drain the water out of the can of albacore, place it in a bowl, then separate it into pieces with a fork.
Add 1/3 cup of mayonnaise together with 2 tablespoons of relish, and 2 tablespoons of diced red onions to the tuna. Stir together with a spoon.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder together with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to the tuna mixture. Mix all together with a spoon.
Tuna salad can be served in a variety of ways. Usually, it is spread between two pieces of bread, also known as a tuna fish sandwich. But, to add some extra flavor to that sandwich, try spreading some on toast and sprinkling cheddar cheese over the top. Also, adding chopped hard-boiled eggs to this tuna salad tastes delicious.
Some Ways To Serve Tuna Salad
- Spread over the top of your favorite green leafy vegetables
- Spread on top of celery
- Served as little sandwich squares at a party
- Spread over the top of Ritz crackers with sliced cheddar cheese and a pickle
Whether you are making something to eat for a snack, lunch, or to be served at a party or celebration, this tuna salad will be a big hit to whomever and or however you serve it.
How to Make Tuna Salad
- Open the can of Albacore solid white tuna in water and drain the water.
- In a bowl, break up the albacore tuna into pieces with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, relish, and diced red onions to the tuna. Mix together.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the tuna mixture. Mix together.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜