(Last Updated On: October 30, 2023)
This easy chocolate covered graham crackers recipe is a tasty treat for the kid’s to enjoy as an after school snack. Or better yet, let them help you make them when they get home from school. It takes just a few minutes to prepare. With the wholesome goodness of honey graham crackers and the rich chocolate flavor of the chocolate chips, this sweet snack is ready for all to enjoy with minimal effort.
These chocolate graham crackers are made with simple ingredients, and it’s a super fun and easy recipe to follow. Each graham cracker is dipped in melted chocolate chips, then topped with colorful sprinkles. That’s it! So easy! They are about as easy as our peanut butter bars with oatmeal, peanut butter fudge, and Cocoa Krispie treats.
🥄 Key Ingredients
👩🍳 How to Make Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers (Step-by-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Step 1. Prepare the Baking Sheet
Line a baking sheet (or cookie sheet) with a piece of parchment paper, then set the baking sheet lined with parchment paper aside for now. If you don’t have any parchment paper, wax paper will work too.
Step 2. Prepare the Chocolate Chips
Put one 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Step 3. Melt the Chocolate Chips
Place the bowl of chocolate chips into the microwave. Use power level six for one minute, then take the mixture out of the microwave and stir it. Then, repeat power level six for one more minute and stir it again. And last, use power level eight for 30 seconds, then stir again. The chocolate chips should be fully melted and smooth.
Tip: If you don’t have a microwave, a double boiler is a great option to melt the chocolate chips. A double broiler is two or more saucepans stacked on top of each other.
To use a double boiler for this recipe, water is put in the bottom saucepan that is next to the burner, and the chocolate chips are put in the saucepan above it, keeping the chocolate chips from coming in contact with the burner. While the burner heats the water in the bottom saucepan, the water also heats the saucepan above it, hence melting the chocolate chips without burning or scorching them.
Step 4. Dip the Graham Crackers in the Melted Chocolate
Break each of the six graham cracker sheets into separate squares. You should have 12 squares now. Place the graham cracker squares, one at a time, in the melted chocolate mixture.
Tip: For easy dipping, use a fork, a pair of tongs, or a dipping tool to place the graham cracker in the melted chocolate. Be careful not to burn yourself, the melted chocolate will stay hot for a bit after it is taken out of the microwave.
Step 5. Dip the Other Side
After that, turn each of the graham cracker squares over to get the melted chocolate on the other side. Remove the coated graham cracker from the bowl using the tongs and let the excess chocolate drip off of the graham cracker and back into the bowl.
Step 6. Place the Dipped Graham Cracker on the Baking Sheet
Lay the dipped graham cracker on the parchment paper. Immediately shake some sprinkles on it before the chocolate hardens.
Step 7. Repeat with the Rest of the Graham Crackers
Continue dipping the rest of the graham crackers in the chocolate mixture on both sides, placing them on the baking sheet, and then shaking sprinkles on them before the chocolate hardens.
Step 8. Let the Chocolate Graham Crackers Harden
Let the chocolate graham crackers sit for an hour or so on the parchment paper until the melted chocolate hardens. You can speed up the hardening process by putting them in the refrigerator. It is easy to remove the chocolate covered graham crackers from the parchment paper after the melted chocolate is hard.
⭐️ Recipe Variations
- You can use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt on top of each chocolate graham cracker before or after the sprinkles.
- If you want crisp graham crackers, bake the six graham cracker sheets (before dipping them in the melted chocolate) at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for five to seven minutes. Also, let them cool before dipping them into the melted chocolate.
- Add a half of a cup of creamy peanut butter to the melted chocolate before dipping the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle small pieces of chocolate bark or white chocolate on top of each chocolate graham cracker (before the melted chocolate hardens) instead of the rainbow sprinkles, or do half of the batch with chocolate bark, and the other half of the batch with sprinkles. Or, you can melt the chocolate bark or the white chocolate, then after the initial dipping is done in the melted chocolate, drizzle lines across each cracker for an added decorative touch.
If you have any leftover chocolate covered graham crackers, you can store them in an airtight container and set it on the countertop at room temperature. Or, if you like them chilled, go ahead and put them in the refrigerator.
Yes they do. For those who have everything, or are hard to buy for, these chocolate covered graham crackers are the perfect gift for them. Make them one or two days before Christmas, then buy a decorated cookie tin, fill it with these sweet treats, and wrap it up pretty!
💡 Final Thoughts
These chocolate-covered graham crackers are a yummy sweet treat and the perfect dessert at baby showers, special occasions, potlucks, picnics, or any other kind of celebration when you need to make something quick, delicious, and effortless.
They are also perfect to make for any holiday season too. For example, swap out the rainbow sprinkles and use festive sprinkles such as red and green for Christmas, pastel sprinkles for Easter, orange sprinkles for Halloween, or red, white, and blue for the 4th of July, etcetera. You can also use any of your favorite toppings instead.
💖 More Recipes You Will Love
- This cookie pizza is a baked chocolate chip cookie the size of a small pizza with melted chocolate chips, melted white chocolate chips, M&M’s, pieces of Kit Kats, and mini marshmallows on top.
- These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are super easy to make, tastes so good. They have a delicious chewy texture that is full of pumpkin flavor. Your whole house will smell heavenly.
- These oh-so-good no bake Oreo cheesecake bars are amazing. Ingredients includes Oreo cookies, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip, and topped with pieces of Oreo cookies and sprinkles.
- I absolutely love these homemade old-fashioned lemon squares, and so will you. They are made with a shortbread crust of butter, sugar, and flour, and with a freshly squeezed lemon juice filling, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
📂 Recipe Card
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers Recipe
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl that is safe for the microwave. Melt the chocolate chips at power level 6 for one minute, then stir. Repeat at power level 6 for one minute. Stir. Then at power level 8 for 30 seconds. Stir. Remove the melted chocolate chips from the microwave.
- Break the graham cracker sheets in half.
- Dip the graham cracker squares into the melted chocolate, coating both sides.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off, then place the chocolate coated graham cracker on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Immediately shake some sprinkles on it.
- Repeat with the rest of the graham cracker squares.
- Let the melted chocolate on the graham cracker squares harden for a couple of hours before serving.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜