(Last Updated On: May 11, 2022)
Salmon baked in the oven is a healthy dinner you should have at least a couple of times a month. Salmon is also rich in protein and keeps your heart healthy with omega-3 fatty acids.
This beautiful piece of salmon lays in a thin coat of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkled with magic salmon seasoning on top of it, and then baked in the oven for 45 minutes. Simple to make for your family and it tastes so delicious.
Key Ingredients for Salmon in Oven
- 1 medium-size salmon fillet (about 2 and a half pounds)
- 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil
- Chef Paul Prudhomme’s magic salmon seasoning
A 2.45 pound farmed raised fresh Atlantic Salmon fillet was bought from Costco. What’s nice about a filleted fish is that the bones are removed, and this piece of Salmon we bought has no skin on the bottom side. Salmon is expensive, but Costco has a great selection of fresh fish to choose from at a competitive price.
Below is a photo of the 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, also bought at Costco, and the Chef Paul Prudhomme magic salmon seasoning.
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
The first step is to line a baking dish with aluminum foil. then drizzle some of the Italian extra virgin olive oil across the aluminum foil,
The next step is to lay the salmon fillet on the aluminum foil, then brush some of the olive oil on the top of the salmon fillet.
And then, sprinkle some magic salmon seasoning over the top of the salmon fillet.
Place the salmon in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. That’s all there is to do, the salmon is done and ready to be served for dinner.
We have canned peas and four cheese rice a Roni for our side dish together with this delicious baked salmon. Whole green beans, fresh lemon, asparagus, your favorite grilled or sauteed vegetables, and/or a salad are great side dishes too. If you are still hungry for some dessert, try our delicious lemon bars.
Salmon in Oven
- 2.5 pounds fresh salmon
- 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil (drizzle on the aluminum foil and over the salmon)
- Chef Prudhomme's magic salmon seasoning (Sprinkle across the top of the salmon)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the aluminum foil.
- Lay the salmon on top of the aluminum foil.
- Brush some olive oil on top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle some of the magic seasoning on top of the salmon.
- Put the salmon in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- There are no specific amounts for the olive oil or the salmon seasoning. Just drizzle the olive oil out of the bottle over the aluminum foil, and brush the olive oil over the top of the salmon, then sprinkle the salmon seasoning over the top of the salmon.
- Some side dishes to have with salmon are canned peas, your favorite rice dish, whole green beans, fresh lemon, asparagus, your favorite grilled or sauteed vegetables, mashed potatoes, and/or a salad too.