(Last Updated On: September 8, 2022)
If you want to jazz up those plain Jane green beans, then you must try this hot and spicy baked-in-the-oven green bean casserole recipe. Green bean casserole is a quick, easy, and delicious side dish you can add to just about any meal. Especially to your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner menu.
This green bean casserole recipe is based on Campbell’s® green bean casserole recipe. However, our recipe adds a few extra seasonings to spice it up, such as cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, which makes it hot and deliciously spicy!
If you want more hot flavor, you can add more than 1/4 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper that this recipe calls for. However, for those of you who don’t like hot flavored food, add less cayenne pepper or none at all.
Key Ingredients For Green Bean Casserole
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans of green beans, 14.5 ounces each
- 1/3 cup of fried onions
Step-By-Step Green Bean Casserole Instructions With Photos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mixing The Milk And Cream of Mushroom Soup
In a loaf pan, stir 1 cup of milk together with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
Add The Seasonings
Then add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of creole seasoning, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce to the milk and cream of mushroom soup and stir together.
Cayenne pepper is hot, so if you like really hot, add more cayenne pepper at this time, and if you like a little less hot, add less, and if you don’t like hot at all, don’t add any cayenne pepper.
Adding The Green Beans And Fried Onions
Add 2 cans of green beans together with the milk and soup mixture.
Add 1/3 cup of fried onions together with the green beans and milk mixture. Stir mixture together, then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes of baking, remove the loaf pan from the oven and scatter more fried onions over the top of the green bean mixture. Do not stir. Then put it back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
A quick and simple-to-make green bean casserole that is so delicious to eat with turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or any time of the year.
This green bean casserole tastes as good as it looks, especially the fried onions baked on top which make it all the more crispy, crunchy, and extra tasty!
Recipe For Green Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a loaf pan, mix together the milk with the can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Add the cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to the milk and cream of mushroom soup. Mix together.
- Add the green beans to the milk and soup mixture.
- Add the fried onions to the green beans and milk mixture. Mix together. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degrees oven.
- After 25 minutes of baking, take the green bean casserole out of the oven and sprinkle a few more fried onions on top of the green bean mixture. Bake for another 5 minutes.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜