(Last Updated On: May 2, 2022)
No Machine Easy 3 Ingredient Ice Cream + Halloween Candy
I’m not kidding you, this homemade ice cream recipe is so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating it. Furthermore, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it, just a mixer, and a mixing bowl.
Your children are going to love eating this homemade ice cream, especially when their Halloween candy from trick-or-treating is added to the recipe.
The kids can help you make this ice cream too, and they will think it’s pretty cool putting their Halloween candy in the ice cream, and then get to eat it too.
Key Ingredients for Homemade Ice Cream
- 4 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans 14 ounces each of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- + Halloween candy
Step-By-Step Homemade Ice Cream Instructions with Photos
The first step will be to pour 4 cups of heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl, then mix for 10 minutes starting on low speed and increasing the speed up to high.
After mixing the whipping cream for 10 minutes, it will become thicker and peaks will form.
Put the mixer on low speed and slowly add the two 14 ounce cans of condensed milk together with the whipping cream.
After that, keep the mixer on low speed and slowly add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract together with the condensed milk and whipping cream.
The heavy whipping cream is now all mixed and ready to transfer into a bowl that can go into the freezer.
Put the heavy whipping cream into a freezer-safe bowl with a lid on it. Keep it in the freezer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, we will have semi-frozen ice cream. This will make it easier to add the Halloween candy.
And now it’s time to add lots of Halloween candy. You don’t have to add Halloween candy if you don’t want to because this ice cream recipe tastes yummy without it, but it’s just an extra treat with the candy added.
We are going to add some KitKat’s, M&M’s plain and peanut, butterfingers, York, Twix, and Snickers, but you can use whatever Halloween candy you have that you think sounds good in ice cream.
Choose your choice of Halloween candy, then on a dish, cut up the candy in edible-sized pieces. Not too small, but not too big.
Take the semi-frozen ice cream out of the freezer. With a spatula, fold in the Halloween candy, dumping a little bit of the candy at a time into the bowl with the ice cream.
Keep adding the Halloween candy to the semi-frozen ice cream until the candy is all gone from the plate, or you think you’ve put enough candy in it.
The photo below shows all of the Halloween candy that we will be adding to the semi-frozen ice cream. You can certainly add more Halloween candy or add less.
The Halloween candy had been mixed thoroughly together with the semi-frozen ice cream.
Toss a few M&M’s, plain and peanut, on the top of the semi-frozen ice cream for added color but mostly for added yumminess. Do not mix. Put the bowl of semi-frozen ice cream with a lid on it in the freezer overnight.
The photo below shows the ice cream after it has been in the freezer overnight.
And here is the final result, a bowl of delicious ice cream with leftover Halloween candy added. It looks fantastic, and yes, I’ll have 2 scoops, please!!
You can’t buy this recipe for homemade ice cream in a store or at an ice cream parlor, that’s what makes this ice cream recipe so special. A real treat that can easily be made for special celebrations, especially a birthday party. Enjoy! Also, try our best brownies recipe to go along with your ice cream.
Recipe for Homemade Ice Cream (No Machine)
- Mixer and bowl
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans condensed milk (14 ounces each)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- bunch of Halloween candy (optional)
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Mix for 10 minutes starting on low speed and increasing to high speed. Whipping cream will thicken and peaks will form.
- Put mixer speed on low and slowly add all of the cans of condensed milk and then the vanilla extract.
- Put the whipping cream in a bowl with a lid on it and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut up some Halloween candy.
- Take the semi-frozen ice cream out of the freezer and fold in the Halloween candy.
- Sprinkle a few M&M's on the top of the ice cream for added color. Do not mix.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer overnight.
- Halloween candy is optional.
- You don’t have to add any candy at all to this ice cream recipe if you don’t want to, but it’s so much more fun eating it with all of that candy in it, and of course, it tastes extra super delicious.
- This ice cream + Halloween candy recipe is great for special celebrations, especially birthday parties.