(Last Updated On: September 22, 2022)
You can make these amazing granola bars with this simple, easy, and tasty recipe with only 6 ingredients. Also, only 25 minutes of cooking time in the oven. These granola bars are crunchy, crispy, chewy, chocolatey, and of course, soft. A real delight!
What’s in These Granola Bars?
This granola bar recipe contains rolled oats, butter, brown sugar, flour, and chocolate chips. It does not contain any nuts.
Corn syrup is added to this recipe for sweetness and also helps the granola bars stick together. However, for a healthier alternative, replace 2 tablespoons of corn syrup with 2 tablespoons of honey.
Key Ingredients for Granola Bars
- 2 and 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (or 2 tablespoons of honey)
Step-By-Step Instructions with Photos
1. Rolled Oats, Chocolate Chips, and Flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, in a large bowl, put 2 and 3/4 cups of rolled oats together with 1 cup of chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons of flour. We had some semi-sweet chocolate chips in the kitchen so we used those, but you can use whichever brand and type you prefer.
The next step is to mix the rolled oats, flour, and chocolate chips all together with a spoon or spatula.
2. Corn Syrup, Butter, Brown Sugar
Put 2 tablespoons of corn syrup (or 2 tablespoons of honey) in a medium-sized pot together with 1/2 cup of butter, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Cook the corn syrup mixture on low heat until it is melted.
Pour the corn syrup, butter, and brown sugar mixture together with the rolled oats mixture, mixing with a spoon, or spatula as you pour.
Stir the corn syrup, butter, and brown sugar mixture thoroughly together with the rolled oats mixture.
3. Ready for the Oven
Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking oil. Spread the granola bar mixture evenly into the baking dish. Important: Press down firmly on the granola bar mixture with the back of a spoon. This helps the granola bars from falling apart when it’s time to remove them from the baking dish.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Ready to Eat Granola Bars
After taking the granola bars out of the oven, let them cool for a couple of hours. Putting them in the refrigerator to chill is a good idea so they can become firm.
Cut the granola bars into 12 squares after they have chilled for a few hours. You can cut each square smaller if you prefer because they are quite filling. Enjoy!
This recipe for granola bars tastes terrific. You can also add raisins, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, honey, or nuts to this recipe. Also, try our amazing peanut butter bars.
Recipe for Granola Bars (Nut Free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Put the rolled oats, chocolate chips, and flour in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the corn syrup, butter, and brown sugar in a medium-sized pot and cook on low heat until it is melted.
- Pour the corn syrup mixture into the rolled oats mixture. Mix well.
- Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking oil.
- Spread the granola bar mixture evenly into the baking dish and press down firmly on the granola bar mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut into 12 squares.
- You can add nuts, raisins, dried fruits, or coconut flakes to this granola bar recipe if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons of honey can be substituted for 2 tablespoons of corn syrup.