(Last Updated On: July 21, 2022)
When you have BBQ pulled pork sandwiches one night for dinner, you can probably guess what’s for dinner the next night – leftover BBQ pulled pork nachos! And a real treat it is! This pulled pork nachos recipe uses the leftover pulled pork from the night before. Our pulled pork recipe from the night before uses BBQ sauce which is why this is a barbeque flavor pulled pork nachos. We do not add any BBQ sauce to this recipe, but if you are using a leftover pulled pork recipe without a barbeque flavor to it, you can certainly add some BBQ sauce to it.
This recipe tends to be a little hot, and a little spicy, but you can always switch to your favorite salsa and use medium spicy salsa or extra hot and spicy salsa. This recipe will use medium-hot and spicy salsa.
🥣 Key Ingredients for BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- A bag of your favorite chips for nachos (24 ounces)
- 1 jar of medium-hot thick and chunky salsa (24 ounces), or your favorite salsa
- One can of refried beans (16 ounces)
- One can of black beans (15.5 ounces)
- 8-ounce bag of Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound of extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Leftover BBQ pulled pork
🥄 How to Make this Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe (Step-By-Step Instructions with Detailed Photos)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 1. Line a Sheet Pan with Aluminum Foil
Cover a rectangular metal sheet pan, baking sheet, or baking tray, approximately eleven by fifteen inches, with a piece of aluminum foil. Whatever flat pan you have like a rimmed baking sheet will work.
Step 2. Spread Nacho Chips on Aluminum Foil
With the prepared baking sheet, then spread out a layer of your favorite tortilla chips. We chose Juanita’s tortilla chips fiesta bag, 24 ounces.
Step 3. Add Salsa and Refried Beans
In a bowl, add the 24 ounces of medium-hot thick and chunky salsa together with 16 ounces of refried beans. Mix well.
Step 4. Blend in the Black Beans
Drain the liquid out of the 15.5 ounces of black beans and then add it together with the salsa and refried bean mixture.
Step 5. Add Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar Cheeses
Put the 8-ounce bag of Monterey Jack cheese and a little bit of the sharp cheddar cheese together with the salsa, refried beans, and black bean mixture.
Step 6. Mix Thoroughly
Stir all of the ingredients together, the salsa, refried beans, black beans, Monterey Jack cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Step 7. Heat the Leftover Pulled Pork
Heat the leftover pulled pork for about 5 minutes in the microwave, then add the leftover pulled pork together with the salsa mixture.
Step 8. Stir all Ingredients
Then using a spoon, stir all of the ingredients in the bowl together.
Step 9. Spread the Pulled Pork and Salsa Mixture
Spread the leftover pulled pork and salsa mixture all over the nacho chips covering most of the chips. At this point, you can add any additional favorite toppings you like.
Step 10. Sprinkle Sharp Cheddar Cheese then Bake
Sprinkle about 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese all over the pulled pork salsa mixture. Put the pulled pork nachos in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
👀 Perfectly Done Pulled Pork Nachos
After baking in the oven for only 20 minutes, the pulled pork nachos are now ready to be served.
Looks so yummy and tastes so delicious! These are perfect for your game day appetizer or any part for that matter. The kiddos love it too! Enjoy!
Some of the best toppings to add to pulled pork nachos are black beans, refried beans, cheese, and salsa like this recipe has. But some other vary popular toppings other people like to add are sliced red onions, olives, jalapeños,
There are a variety of toppings that can be added to these nachos after they come out of the oven. This is the best part because your guests can customize the nachos to their liking. Serve up a nacho bar with more toppings that guests can put on themselves such as chopped tomatoes, guacamole, diced avocado, cilantro, parsley, chives, sour cream, black olives, jalapeños, and lime wedges.
💭 Final Thoughts
Pulled pork nachos are a meal in itself and can be made in no time! Lots of protein is provided from the black beans, refried beans, pork, and cheeses. Pulled pork nachos can be served for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer. A lettuce salad or fresh vegetables are a great side dish.
💖 Other Recipes You Will Love
- Pulled Pork – delicious pulled pork made in an Instant Pot for sliders.
Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe (BBQ)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread out nacho chips on the pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the salsa and refried beans.
- Drain the liquid from the can of black beans.
- Add the black beans, Monterey Jack cheese, and a little bit of the sharp cheddar cheese to the salsa and refried beans mixture. Mix together.
- Heat the leftover pulled pork for about 5 minutes in the microwave.
- Add the pulled pork to the salsa mixture and mix together.
- Spread the pulled pork and salsa mixture over the nacho chips.
- Sprinkle the rest of the extra sharp cheddar cheese over the pulled pork and salsa mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- The great thing about making BBQ pulled pork sliders for dinner one night is you can use the leftovers for pulled pork nachos the next night.
- You can add any of your favorite toppings to this pulled pork recipe.
- Pulled pork nachos are a great dish to make for a celebration, a potluck lunch, or a dinner party.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜