(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
This creamy five cheese tortelloni is super quick to make and tastes so delicious! The tortelloni used in this recipe has five different kinds of cheese inside.
It only takes about 2 to 3 minutes to cook the tortelloni. It is then mixed with a white cream sauce with minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
Tortelloni reminds me of little dumplings that are stuffed with cheese 🙂 So good!
What’s in this Creamy Five Cheese Tortelloni?
This recipe contains a three-pound package of five cheese tortelloni, and for the creamy white sauce, butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, ground black pepper, and heavy whipping cream.
Key Ingredients for Creamy Five Cheese Tortelloni
- 3 pounds of 5 cheese tortelloni
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of 40% heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- An additional 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
Step-By-Step Creamy Cheese Tortelloni Instructions with Photos
Step. 1 The Creamy White Sauce
In a large frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of salted butter together with 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of table salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
On medium heat, stir the butter together with the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute or just until the butter has melted.
Add 1 cup of 40% heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese together with the butter and garlic mixture.
Turn the heat to medium-high and cook the heavy cream for two to three minutes. Cook until the cream mixture starts to thicken. Then reduce the heat back to medium.
Step 2. Prepare the Tortelloni
Cook the tortelloni in boiling water according to the instructions on the back of the package, then in a colander, drain the water out of the tortelloni over the sink.
Step 3. Tortelloni and Cream Sauce
Add the cooked tortelloni pasta together with the cream sauce. Keep the heat on medium. Stir the ingredients.
Step 4. More Parmesan Cheese
Sprinkle 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese on the tortelloni pasta, then stir. Cook on medium heat until the parmesan cheese has melted and the tortelloni is heated through.
FAQs for Creamy Five Cheese Tortelloni
What is Tortelloni?
Usually, tortelloni is a cheese-filled pasta, for example, Costco’s tortelloni package says five cheese tortelloni with Parmigiano Reggiano. It also says it has no preservatives added and is ready to serve in 2 minutes.
Where Can You Buy Tortelloni?
Tortelloni is hard to find online or in grocery stores, however, as of this post, two stores carry it:
- Costco – Kirkland Signature Five Cheese Tortelloni with Parmigiano Reggiano. Cheese-filled pasta, no preservatives, ready in 2 minutes, keep refrigerated, 24 oz pack 2 case count.
- Safeway – Rana 5 cheese tortelloni family size, 20 ounces. Ricotta, mozzarella, romano, mascarpone and fontina cheeses – mild flavor. No GMO. No preservatives.
Tortelloni tastes delicious, so it will be just a matter of time before this great product hits the stores everywhere.
Tortellini vs Tortelloni
Tortellini is the more popular of the two types of pasta. It is a ring-shaped stuffed pasta filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables. Tortelloni, on the other hand, is a little bit larger version of tortellini and usually only contains a combination of vegetarian ingredients. To me, tortelloni tastes more like ravioli, but has a shape more like tortellini.
This creamy cheese tortelloni is a quick meal to make for dinner. Some side dishes can be garlic bread, buttered green beans with black pepper, Ceaser salad, garden salad, and also fresh veggies.
If you love pasta, you must try this delicious chicken alfredo linguine recipe for your next quick dinner meal. It’s easy to make and tastes fantastic, especially served with garlic bread and Caesar salad or garden salad.
Creamy Five Cheese Tortelloni
- In a large frying pan, on medium heat, stir the butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper for about 1 minute until the butter is melted.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and grated parmesan cheese to the butter and garlic mixture.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the heavy whipping cream for 2 to 3 minutes until the cream mixture starts to thicken. Then reduce the heat back to medium.
- Cook the tortelloni according to instructions.
- Add the tortelloni to the cream sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese over the tortelloni, then stir.
- Cook on medium heat until the parmesan cheese has melted and the tortelloni is heated through.
- When served, you can sprinkle extra parmesan cheese over the top of your creamy cheese tortelloni pasta.
- Some side dishes can be Caesar salad, garden salad, garlic bread, or fresh vegetables.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➡️