(Last Updated On: August 16, 2022)
Sausage pasta sauce is a quick and easy pasta sauce to make, with a delicious combination of ground sausage smothered in tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and with just the right amount of flavorful spices added. Then it is served over the top of hot cooked pasta noodles.
So, our choice of pasta was Signature SELECT Ravioli 5 Cheese, pasta, and the ravioli tasted great with this sauce. No matter what pasta you choose, it’s going to taste fantastic!
Sauce For Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 2 pounds of ground sausage
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
Seasonings For Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Our Choice Of Pasta
- 2 packages of Signature SELECT Ravioli 5 Cheese (25 ounces each)
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
Put the ground sausage in a skillet and fry on medium-high heat until browned with no pink showing. Then, drain any excess fat from the frying pan. Set aside.
In a medium-sized pot, add the tomato paste together with the tomato sauce and the diced tomatoes. Turn the burner on medium heat. Then add in the basil, oregano, salt, thyme, minced garlic, and brown sugar. After that, stir the tomato mixture thoroughly together with the seasonings.
Add the cooked ground sausage together with the tomato mixture, and again, blend the mixture thoroughly together.
The sauce is finished now. This next step is to choose what pasta you would like to use. We choose two packages of ravioli five-cheese pasta. Whatever pasta you have chosen, add it together with the ground sausage and tomato mixture. Then, continue to cook on medium-low heat until heated through.
This is a quick and easy-to-make meal to serve your family at dinner time, especially when you are in a hurry. The taste of this sausage pasta sauce stands alone. And whether you mix this sauce in or serve it over the top of your favorite pasta noodles, you and your family are going to enjoy it. Also, after dinner, try these easy-to-make and delicious lemon bars for dessert.
Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 2 lb ground sausage
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- Brown ground sausage in a frying pan on medium-high heat until no pink is showing. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir together. Turn the burner on medium heat.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt, thyme, minced garlic, and brown sugar to the tomato mixture. Stir together.
- Add the browned ground sausage to the tomato mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your favorite pasta to the sausage pasta sauce.
- Cook until heated through.
A wife, a mother to a son and a daughter, and a grandmother to three granddaughters. Flo loves sharing recipes passed down from her own mother, her mother-in-law, and her grandmother as well as new recipes created with her daughter, Tamara Ray.
More by Flo ➜