Jamba Juice Citrus Squeeze Imitation Smoothie
I used to order the Citrus Squeeze smoothie from Jamba Juice all of the time. I don’t think they make this smoothie anymore, but I recently got a Ninja Professional Blender (affiliate) so I thought I’d try out my own version of the smoothie. The Ninja Blender is working so much better than the previous blender I used to have. Not only does it blend everything much better, but it is also easier to clean up. There only 3 pieces to the blender that can easily be run under hot water in the sink right after making a smoothie.
My recipe is a little different that Jamba Juice’s version, but it tastes so similar it to me. I make a healthier version as I do not add the vanilla ice cream that they do and I also add some kale in. You cannot taste the kale in the smoothie at all. The smoothie is really thick probably due to the greek yogurt, ice, and banana. My recipe has 7 ingredients.
You can mix this recipe up with adding different frozen fruits if you would like. Sometimes I add in pineapple and sometimes I take out the blackberries. My husband and kids really enjoy this smoothie as well.
I tried this recipe once with milk instead of orange juice to see if it would taste more like a milkshake. It was still a good smoothie, but I much more prefer the orange juice flavor in it instead of the milk.
Benefits of Fruit Smoothies
Creating your own fruit smoothies can be very beneficial. Below I have listed some of my favorite benefits.
- Fruit smoothies are quick and easy to make
- Fruit smoothies make it easier to get your daily intake of fruits and vegetables in.
- Kids like fruit smoothies and therefore makes it easier to get their daily intake of fruits and vegetables, too.
- Fruit smoothies keep you hydrated.
- They are tastey, fun, and a great meal alternative option.
Jamba Juice Citrus Squeeze Smoothie, Imitation Recipe
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup kale
- 5 large ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a large cup. Enjoy!